Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    I have trouble finding where I am in a pattern too . I use a post it to mark off where I am , put it over the part I did already. And move it as I go along, each time I check the pattern to see what I do next. The post it notes with super sticky will last thru the whole pattern. I used to mark it off with a pencil.
    lol... i usually just put a small piece of yarn where i need to remember a specific spot, or to keep track of how many stitches i've done so i can count quickly, ie every so many stitches... i just have to be careful not to inadvertently pull out the yarn while i'm crocheting...:o)

Post Thanks / Like
    It does look confusing but when you stop and think about what it is saying it's not that complicated. For example in the beginning of the pattern you have above it says make 5dc in next dc, that is a group of 5 dc, So when your pattern says to skip 5, 5dc groups it means that you pass over 5 of these groups and continue with the pattern. I hope this make a little sense to you. Judy

3. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by judysiempre62 View Post
    It does look confusing but when you stop and think about what it is saying it's not that complicated. For example in the beginning of the pattern you have above it says make 5dc in next dc, that is a group of 5 dc, So when your pattern says to skip 5, 5dc groups it means that you pass over 5 of these groups and continue with the pattern. I hope this make a little sense to you. Judy
    thanks for the info...my head just doesn't always comprehend what i'm looking at, so until it gets explained to me, i just have to wait til it does...thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's ok. We all go through that. I had to have a friend, who doesn't crochet, to talk me through one crochet pattern. Once I did what it said it was like "Duh". After that I didn't have any trouble. I hope that what I said made sense to you. Judy and you are welcome

6. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post