Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 9 of 11 First ... 7891011 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I hate to hear of anyone having computer troubles. I just don't understand anyone putting these virus' out there. I down loaded MalwareBytes some time ago and it seems to have worked this time, or I just didn't get hit with it. I just don't keep up with these things so well and it would have been lost to me without help. My daughters ex is good with such things, and he does still come around once in a while, but I can't depend on him for such things any more.
    Good luck Beviboo, my heart goes out to you on this one.

Judi G

2. Likes Beviboo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judi Gums.. Thank you for your sentiments... I have been collecting crochet patterns for several years and filing them on my desktop... sure hope I can get them off of there even if I have to print all of them. There are also a few classes that I've paid for... makes me shudder thinking that they may all be lost... beverly

Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    Oh I hate to hear of anyone having computer troubles. I just don't understand anyone putting these virus' out there. I down loaded MalwareBytes some time ago and it seems to have worked this time, or I just didn't get hit with it. I just don't keep up with these things so well and it would have been lost to me without help. My daughters ex is good with such things, and he does still come around once in a while, but I can't depend on him for such things any more.
    Good luck Beviboo, my heart goes out to you on this one.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Beviboo- What a great idea! I sure hope you can find someone to fix it for you. It would be a shame to lose access to whatever you have stored on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Beviboo View Post
    Theresa L... that is exactly where I am at with that computer. If it can actually be restored I want to use it in my sewing room to connect to an embroidery sewing machine that I have... as well as to be able to take advantage of some online crochet classes that I have purchased... thx...beverly

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know an afghan stitch and I can't read patterns so I make up my own. Is there a tutorial for the afghan stitch? I just learned how to crochet last year and did many projects already but I'm anxious to learn more. Please help. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey luckywoman, yes the afghan stitch is online. I watched it yesterday. I have inherited a beutiful afghan that is 3/4 way finished and I had never used the afghan stitich so I had to read up on it. I have made several afghans and recently a lot of baby blankets but I had missed the afghan stitch. All the info I read said that it and the Tunisian stitch are the same. I googled how to do the afghan stitch and I watched the video on YouTube. Hope this helps. I can't imagine not being able to read patterns. You must be a great crocheter to be able to make up your own patterns. Good luck!

7. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am hopelessly addicted to crocheting afghans. Thanks to the kind advice I found here, my afghans have straight sides. Yes, I am now counting stitches and using stitch markers. What a difference! I just received an afghan kit from Herrschner's for a southwest motif afghan. The yarn is quite fine, and the instructions say to crochet with two strands together. Just wondering why they would not send a medium weight yarn. Also, any tips for keeping the yarn untangled while crocheting two strands together. Many thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    The best place for tutorials is on you tube... they have everything from how to read a pattern to basic stitches and more... Not only that there are several on the same subject by different people and if one of them doesn't quite make it clear to you one of the others might...

Quote Originally Posted by luckywoman View Post
    I don't know an afghan stitch and I can't read patterns so I make up my own. Is there a tutorial for the afghan stitch? I just learned how to crochet last year and did many projects already but I'm anxious to learn more. Please help. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi jatty,

I have wondered how the yarn was in the Herschner's afghans, glad to know it is nice.

I have used two different plastic grocery bags with one skein in each when working double strands. I tie them at the top so they stay in the bags. The yarn has plenty of room to slide out the top easily. This way I can place them however I need them placed where ever I sit working on them and they don't get on the floor. I always have my yarn on my left side, maybe once in a while in front of me but not often.

Love to hear how you like the yarn after you start working on it. If you have trouble with the double strands just try going up one hook size. As long as you have enough yarn it doesn't make much difference with afghans when you change hook size.

Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by jatty View Post
    I am hopelessly addicted to crocheting afghans. Thanks to the kind advice I found here, my afghans have straight sides. Yes, I am now counting stitches and using stitch markers. What a difference! I just received an afghan kit from Herrschner's for a southwest motif afghan. The yarn is quite fine, and the instructions say to crochet with two strands together. Just wondering why they would not send a medium weight yarn. Also, any tips for keeping the yarn untangled while crocheting two strands together. Many thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just have to add one thing I've told you all that this summer I am working at a day camp. My main job is two autistic boys, I have done this six years now different children same camp. The children have seen me crochet all these years. This morning I walk into camp and this mischievously adorable five year old boy walks up to me with a one pound skein of lavender yarn. Says" here Miss Billie I know I drive you crazy so I bought you a present". I cried. He said (after I cleaned myself up) his mom stopped at Goodwill on the way home last night and he had to have that for me cuz' I love him anyway. Well.... there went the tears again.
    Had to share
    Good stiches
    Billie

12. Likes Theresa L, Beviboo, dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you just love these kinds of stories. You never know what a kid will say.