Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 7 of 11 First ... 56789 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I am with you twinfaye......I hate to stitch pieces together. I do like the looks of one huge granny square however. But most of what I make is like you textured stitches. I love the Herringbone stitch. It can be found on Youtube if you haven't seen it yet.

I also like the seed stitch, I am going to try that using a triple crochet rather then a dc to give it even more texture.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    i'v made ripple,,granny, shell, but I think my favorite is the one you start at one corner with first shell and work increasing every row,it goes so fast...

Post Thanks / Like
    My name is Faye and I am enjoying hearing from othe like minded people. I finished 2 hats done with the puff stitch and they were fun and look great. Baby clothes and toys have been my area for this year. I am going to get a boy for the 2nd great grandchild and blue has been a whole new color for me. I have two girl granddaughters and this will be our first boy. Very exciting. Due in July. I'll try to attach pictures but I am not very good with attachments. I'm right it didn't work anyone know how to walk an amateur through the steps?!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don,t do lg afghans. I find I have a tendancy to crochet tighter the longer I crochet so I can,t keep the sides straight. Si I do sqrs of different sizes & sew or crochet them together.I have a tub full of all sorts of sqrs waiting now. I,m currently making hats.Have a small tub full & 1 smaLL BOX IS READY TO SEND TO A CANCER OUTFIT IN aRLINGHEIGHTS, iLL.sorry for the caps. My finger slipped.

5. Likes Beviboo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa L... I am looking for a canopy pattern for my black wrought iron bed. I don't want it to go over the top of the canopy frame but around it leaving the area over the bed open...sort of like a valance... do you know of any. I made one years ago for this same bed and made up my own design. The reason I need to make a new one is because I want to make a black one now (the other one was white)... I would really like it to have the look of wrought iron. I've seen the patterns for wrought iron crochet but there isn't much out there. I'm thinking I'm going to have to get clever again and come up with my own design. I've been thinking of crocheting around jute to get the effect I want. What do you think?...beverly

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    If I need to do something quickly, a pattern that uses lots of single crochets or double crochets is my choice. For warmth, I like the afghan stitch. Once I get Christmas projects out of the way, I'd like to start on a bedspread and matching canopy for my bed made out of antiqued crochet cotton thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking for a new pattern I came across this very pretty one at
    Lacy V-stitch Ripple Afghan - Afghans Crocheted My Patterns - - Mama's Stitchery Projects
    there are other really nice free patterns to look at, all written nicely

8. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tas View Post
    Looking for a new pattern I came across this very pretty one at
    Lacy V-stitch Ripple Afghan - Afghans Crocheted My Patterns - - Mama's Stitchery Projects
    there are other really nice free patterns to look at, all written nicely
    Hi Tas! Thanks so much for posting this pattern link. I hadn't seen this one before and will definitely be adding it to my growing list of projects to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh afghans are on the top of my list to crochet right up there with totes and bags
    I have so many in my to do list it would take a couple life times to do them lol ok not really but to say I have a lot is an understatement for any pattern really I collect patterns it's my addiction like some go on facebook all day I look at patterns heehee I would crochet more but ya know yarn ain't free so that's why I admire the patterns so much

Happy Stitching ~Melanie~
    MsStitchWitch on Crochetville
    MsStitchWitch73 on Ravelry

11. Likes Judi Gums, dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStitchWitch View Post
    oh afghans are on the top of my list to crochet right up there with totes and bags
    I have so many in my to do list it would take a couple life times to do them lol ok not really but to say I have a lot is an understatement for any pattern really I collect patterns it's my addiction like some go on facebook all day I look at patterns heehee I would crochet more but ya know yarn ain't free so that's why I admire the patterns so much
    I'm with you, Melanie. I'm a pattern collecting fiend. Have stacks of them and at my age I'll never get them all done. lol Wonder if there is some charity I can leave them to when I pass on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragondrummer View Post
    I'm with you, Melanie. I'm a pattern collecting fiend. Have stacks of them and at my age I'll never get them all done. lol Wonder if there is some charity I can leave them to when I pass on?
    My laptop is full of patterns tons I know I will never do even but I'm thinking of grabbing a few big USB's to put them on. hey the charity idea is great some might get some use out of them. I know the charity I have done work for can supply hooks and yarn and even drop it off and pick up the finished items. come to think of it I have some free time I should connect with them again

Happy Stitching ~Melanie~
    MsStitchWitch on Crochetville
    MsStitchWitch73 on Ravelry

14. Likes dragondrummer liked this post