Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 4 of 11 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    My favourite is the Navajo Afghan, the one way single crochet which creates the fringe. I have looked for othe "one way" patterns but have never found any

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tas, Your Navajo Afghan intrigued and I searched several places this morning to find a photo with a pattern of an afghan like you describe but I couldn't find it. Would you happen to have a photo or a link to this. It sounds interesting and I might want to try one. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tas View Post
    My favourite is the Navajo Afghan, the one way single crochet which creates the fringe. I have looked for othe "one way" patterns but have never found any

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if you couldn't make your own one way pattern by finding a stitch you like and leaving the fringe.

I like the seed stitch which is simply a SC, DC, SC, DC, continue to the end. It gives a nice texture to the stitch. Let us know what you come up with.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by tas View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdoll View Post
    I've made a few blankets (they probably weren't big enought to be called afghans!). I've mainly made granny square and one with a ripple stitch. I would like to make one out of broomstick lace, but haven't had the time yet.
    Do you have a pattern that uses broomstick lace? I'm learning to do it and would love to make an afghan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    Hi Tas, Your Navajo Afghan intrigued and I searched several places this morning to find a photo with a pattern of an afghan like you describe but I couldn't find it. Would you happen to have a photo or a link to this. It sounds interesting and I might want to try one. Thanks!
    I found this one.

Craftingranny's Craft and Sewing Room

Post Thanks / Like
    In the past 40 years I've made many many afghans. Right now my fav stitch is the ripple stitch using double crochet and it's wavy. My fav used to be the basket weave stitch. It's great for cold weather, tight stitch to keep you warm. It's all double crochet and it goes fast and not much brain work to do it, so I can watch the Detroit Tigers on TV while working on my project. Crocheting seems to calm me and works well when I'm stressed. Great therapy!! I did a granny square afghan for my Mom a few years back, but she passed before I could give it to her. So now it sits on my couch about 2 or 3 months a year and I smile when I see it thinking of my Mom. Then I took the scraps from that one and made an afghan using the basket weave pattern but changing on each row instead of 10 or 15 rows. It turned out beautiful and different.!! One day soon pictures...I promise!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Beatrice! I would love to see a photo of your afghan! I've made several baby afghans with the basket weave stitch! LIke you said, they are nice and warm!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    I'll get back to you ASAP, have an overseas visitor arriving tomorrow, need to do a big tidy!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Beatrice,
    soon I hope, would love to see a picture

Post Thanks / Like
    DonnaJN - that's lovely. I wonder how you keep the yarn ends from fraying or matting when you wash it? Anybody have any thoughts on this?