Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to know about the differences. I thought I was wacko. Feeling much better now.

Post Thanks / Like

wrister

Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Susan, have you thought about making a set of wrist warmers or fingerless gloves to wear with your shawl? You could make them long enough to go up to your elbow. It'll help to keep your arms a little warmer.

Shelley
    Yes, I made some last year and 2 new pairs for me and 1 for Dale this year. I have Reynaud's Syndrome where my fingers get numb and frozen, turn white, purple, red, etc. and lose circulation. So I wear them mostly in the winter to prevent this and it helps a lot! I thought I posted my new ones on here but I did on my blog site to show the back loop ribbed look of them and the patterns used. One pair is shorter, one is up my arm some, and I kept enough yarn for my shawl to make headband and long gloves! I just finished the headband but I made the shawl to not cover my arms for not so cold weather, and can add long Carons SOFT gloves of same yarn as shawl on days when needed, they're in line here with the last headband gift & hat I need. I'll probably do multiple WIP's I make them all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear "Tealady",
    I too have noticed size differences between Bates and Boyle hooks, also, bamboo hooks. The best thing to do is to do a swatch with your favorite hook to see if it matches the gauge in your pattern. This may be a bit time consuming but it's worth it if the project is very gauge-specific (like a garment).
    Pat from Westfield