Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What type of crochet stitches do you use to add texture to your finished pieces?

Crochet can be so much fun. As you learn more stitches, it becomes very interesting to say the least. Crochet stitches can be used to add texture to your finished items. Some of the stitches include:

crochet ruffles

crocodile stitch

pineapple stitch

crochet bobble stitch

What are some crochet stitches you use or have seen used to create texture in your final crochet piece?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like front or back post stitches, especially on the edges of hats. Or a combo of fp/bp stitches.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never really done anything but sc, dc, tc, the usual ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the scalloped edge sometimes on my pieces. It all depends on what I am making as to whether or not I put a finished edge on my piece.
    xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the ribbed look that all back loop only work gives, and the front and back double post work on dc pieces.

There's a great Craftsy free class on textures that I've been taking a little of it at a time and am not done with it yet. I've been going to it between projects. You can go back to it whenever you want and it never expires.

The lessons has 9 blocks consisting of 3 different textures, on 3 blocks of each kind, including cables, ribbing and bead work. Then he shows you how to join all 9 blocks and you have a small throw.

Here is the link for the class: The Crochet Dude & Techniques for Beginners: Amazing Crochet Textures

The site is great, it has patterns on it too. There are a lot of sites with great stuff, this is just one of many I like.

6. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the front and back post stitches. I have not really tried anything else other then the sc, dc, tr. I want to try some of the other ones. Since I have only been crocheting 2 years I still have a lot to learn. I enjoy learning to do new things so I am looking forward to learning all the other new stitches.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the picot stitch, scalloped edge and the shell boarders. Depending on what I am making. I also like to incorporate the basket weave to my sweaters, the V-stitch and front post, back post stitches.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also like the back loop and front and back posts stitches for some projects. And picot edgings on many of my afghans and prayer shawls (it looks good on those girly ones). The reverse sc is great also.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    The main thing I do for afghans is add 3 rounds of sc, and then a round of dc in back loops only to give it a "line" around the front of the afghan. The way that I have done this, it gives a look like the edge of a lot of bedspreads. It is simple, yet it makes the afghan pop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara,
    I'm doing front and back post sc now because that's how you do the starfish stitch. I have done the bobble stitch before and might try it again.
    Jean
    Oh, I'm also doing shell stitches on the starfish stitch.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 10-13-2014 at 08:22 PM.