Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

What is the most important thing you have learned about crocheting or knitting?

There are so many things we learn in our endeavors to crochet or knit. The biggest thing for me over the years is learning the stitches and how to read the patterns.

What is the most important thing you have learned about crocheting or knitting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there, Barbara!

For me it was to loosen up on my stitches and not keep them so tight.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    For me....it is that I can make someone happy by my gifts and handiwork. I have learn many new stitches. I have learned to relax.

4. Likes Susan2014, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me it was learning all the stitches and being able to crochet a dishrag and afghan and keeping the edges even and straight and learning how to make a hat fit right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lately, I have learned that black yarn is very hard to see and so have vowed not to make anymore black items. I'm sure I will recant the vow but not this week.

7. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, I'm making my husband some black fingerless gloves right now and am going blind!! I might be getting a magnifying lens on a stand from the beauty supply if they have one I can afford. Those things are outrageously high everywhere else! Black in small quantities from now on, for sure!!

****NOTE: The 'going blind' remark I made was in fun, just caused by the black being so hard to see....in case anyone mistook my remark as literal, I am NOT going blind. Sorry for any misunderstanding!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 10-08-2014 at 04:45 PM.

9. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Im Susan2014 and sorry you have this Blindness you talk about. Is it hard then to Read? If so maybe ask Barbara if we can Capitalize for you when we say messages for you.?? Maybe your Insurance will Pay some?? I may have not seen any news about your Eyes so sorry if I sound Dumb. Magnify Lenses are High $$$ Will any Glasses Help? I really wish a Miracle for You. Prayers to You. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like

only blind from using dar kcolors

Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Hi Im Susan2014 and sorry you have this Blindness you talk about. Is it hard then to Read? If so maybe ask Barbara if we can Capitalize for you when we say messages for you.?? Maybe your Insurance will Pay some?? I may have not seen any news about your Eyes so sorry if I sound Dumb. Magnify Lenses are High $$$ Will any Glasses Help? I really wish a Miracle for You. Prayers to You. Susan2014
    Susan2014, I'm only having trouble using dark colors, I'm not literally going blind, thank God! I need some lighted hooks, I need some bigger hooks, I need a lot of things, lol, but for now will suffer thru with what I have a only use dark colors as little as needed. Sorry for the confusion! I wear rx glasses, but I still find myself squinting when I crochet for long periods of time, just part of the game, lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's why I use lighted hooks, they are wonderful on any dark colored yarn.

Quote Originally Posted by Su O View Post
    Lately, I have learned that black yarn is very hard to see and so have vowed not to make anymore black items. I'm sure I will recant the vow but not this week.

13. Thanks Poinciana thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    That's why I use lighted hooks, they are wonderful on any dark colored yarn.
    Wow, best tip I've come across in a long time! Thanks for sharing, Judi Gums!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!