Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  15
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I completely agree with Erikam. Written instructions and a graph make a complicated pattern so much easier to follow, and I have less mistakes to pull out.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    The most important thing I have discovered in my years of crocheting is You Tube. I have learned so much from videos it is just amazing to me. I have also learned there are a lot of people who do not like handmade things so I don't waste my money and most of all time on making them things.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I was at the store and saw the lighted crochet hooks and extra batteries for them but I have a floor lamp that I use so why would I need a lighted crochet hook if I crochet w/dark colors?

Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    Lighted crochet hooks might be fun, but would they be that much help or more of a novelty:-) Would love to try one! I may look for some.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a leftie - so for me it was watching the right-handed instructions and trying to convert them. Even now, with some of the left handed tutorials that are available, I can't seem to get it because I think I hold my thread differently so the tutorials don't quite work for me most of the time. Still trying to master a lot of the stitches "backwards." !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I agree with you. The more challenging the pattern is to crochet. The more I want to do the pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use only lighted hooks because holding on to the larger handle helps me since I have arthritis in my thumb. I too have a light I use to see better and only turn the light on if I take my crochet with me and need it. The thickness just works best for me. And I don't seem to loose these larger hooks like I did the smaller ones. I like the different hook choices, I wish I could use some of the pretty wooden one, but I just can't hold them.

QUOTE=Jean Marie;153390]Hi,
    I was at the store and saw the lighted crochet hooks and extra batteries for them but I have a floor lamp that I use so why would I need a lighted crochet hook if I crochet w/dark colors?

Jean[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    For me it's converting a pattern that I liked except in ran up and down and I needed it to go across. When I finish this afghan I will make sure to share a picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    The thing I learned in the past year was that I love the friendships that come through crochet. We all have something to contribute and the creativity is great. But the commaraderie (sp?) is wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like
    I all so find that,being a new knitter that I sometimes just give it up. Then go back to the things I know