Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to try an afghan with a different stitch for each square. I won't get bored because each square will be a different stitch, plus I'll learn some new stitches. Hope to see a picture when you are finished.

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep thinking about doing the same thing, because there are so many beautiful squares out there. Maybe after the holidays are over I can work on it. I just don't like stitching them together, but if I make large squares it shouldn't be so bad. I am working on the peppermint throw now, and they have to be stitched together. I just fell in love with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by aeaston62 View Post
    I'm going to try an afghan with a different stitch for each square. I won't get bored because each square will be a different stitch, plus I'll learn some new stitches. Hope to see a picture when you are finished.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made many afghans. I love to do granny squares and use up my scraps of yarn. I love to do one that just has 3 stitches: sc, dc, trc. That is it! You just keep repeating it. Neat way to use leftover yarn. I have also made the corner to corner afghan that is knitted.

Post Thanks / Like
    The biggest afghan I have made is to use as a bedspread for my double bed. I also did a single crochet one for a bedspread on the single bed in the guest room. I use a variety of patterns but prefer ones I do not have to piece together. I love making baby afghans especially.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Crochet blankets and afghans are another popular item to crochet among those who enjoy crocheting! There are so many different types of crochet afghans and blankets which can be created, too.

What types have you crocheted before? Did you find it fairly easy to create, or was it more difficult? How long did it take you to create one?

What type of crochet stitch did you use?

You are also more than welcome to post a picture here of ones you have created!
    I would love to post a photo of a blanket or an afghan but I've never made one! I've often toyed with the idea of making a throw for my living room, and someday I may do that but it will have to be something I design specifically for the décor.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!