Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Afghans are what I love crocheting best. I have made many different types, ripple, wave stitch, granny's c2c, Herringbone stitch. These are the ones that come to mind quickly. I like to pick a stitch pattern which I like and make it into afghans. I make them approx. 50 in. wide X 60 in. long. I just find the multiple and go from there to get it as close to those measurements as I can get. I also will follow tutorials on Youtube for some that I may like.

I like having a larger project to work on, I don't normally make any squares that have to be sewed together, although I do love the looks of them, just don't like all the stopping and starting or stitching the small squares together. It takes me about two weeks to get one done depending oh how many hours I can devote to working on it.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done the ripple stitch, granny square, and double crochet, shell stitch and V-stitch. I mostly do baby afghans, but have done a few larger ones. I prefer smaller projects as they do not take as long.

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have done baby blankets but because of the sheer time and energy it takes, they were labors of love and one of a kind never to be done again. I guess I am a victim of quick, not immediate, satisfaction and gratification. My projects can't be too large or I loose interest. I am doing a varigated thread shrug and haven't touched it for 6 weeks. I have made 3 pair of newborn booties in the interim and a dozen scrunchy covers. Am thinking of doing a blanket, bonnet, and booties for a friend at a discounted price. I think I will do the blanket first. It is done in strips and put together with a chain and heart edging. Blanket will be 36" x 48" and all will be done with Caron Simply Soft in Sunshine yellow. All will have white hearts for accents. Pray for me!

Post Thanks / Like
    I made 2 large granny style afghans in high school with little to no knowledge of the craft, just knew enough to make them. I covered my sofa and a chair with each when I moved out on my own because I was proud of them and the furniture was hand-me-down decor. I'm making a baby lacy shells blanket, and I'm going to very soon follow along with Craftsy.com to make the 9 big blocks of textured pieces that will be a blanket I think. It's free and looks like a lot of good stuff to learn, you should go check it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have crocheted baby blankets and simply afghans using a cluster stitch, single and double crochet stitches. Even though I follow patterns some are easy for me, but I have run across some patterns that were difficult to do, but I made it! It usually takes me about a month to make one, only because I am in school so I have to make it in my spare time. i don't have pictures of the baby blankets and afghans that I have made in the past. First I didn't think about it and second I have given them away as gifts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made many kinds of afghans: ripple, afghan stitch with crocheted butterflies sewed on, cord making a throw, a baby with blanket with babies name crocheted with in the blanket- this was the hardest (first time doing it), The others were easy continuous pattern. There are just so many - I even made an afghan with Steeler colors - it was sold right away. I love to make lap blankets for elderly people - not too big and does not take long to make. I used the afghan stitch, double crochet, single crochet, half double crochet, slip stitch. If a big afghan it took about 3 weeks and smaller ones took (lap blanket) about 1 week. Now the baby blanket with the name took me a while since I never did it - had to figure the out the center the size of the letter, etc.

If you go to my website: rgstitchbuystitch@gmail.com athen review Ravelry you can see some of my afghans and other things I made. Still adding to the site.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love doing afghans but like Aeaston62 I get bored day after day doing the same thing. This summer I did the stitchcation project. 20 twelve in squares in 10 different patterns. I liked that one a lot. I got to play with different colors and learn some new stitches. It was really fun. So, the one I'm doing now is sort of like that. I have 5 different colors, shades of purple, cream, and white. Each square is 12 inches again, but they are all granny style starting in the middle and working out. Again, I'm doing each one a different pattern and enjoying every minute.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done mostly chevron afhgans also have done a few double crochet ones and right now working on a Tunisian stitch one. I get to messed up with the difficult one so I just stick to the easy ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara,
    I've crocheted blankets and it takes me about a month to make them. I used the hdc and now I'm using the dc stitch, I might have used the dc and the hdc before maybe even the sc .

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,
    I did baby blankets before. The one had a bobble stitch so it looked like there was diamond shapes on the blanket but I only got that one part way done and never finished it. If I was going to do it again I would start from the beginning. There is someone I know that is due in November.
    Jean Marie