Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 9 of 11 First ... 7891011 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

[QUOTE=Theresa L;11743][QUOTE=crjc;11724]

I will have to make a point to pick that up to see. I haven't looked at a Vogue in 20 years!

I was in the DrugMart yesterday and was flipping through it and saw them, some of them have beading in them. I hardly but them now because I found that even though our $ is higher that the US$, for quite some time now, Vogue never reduced the prices on their magazines. They are much too expensive. So I usually flip through them and only purchase if there are more than 1 pattern that I like. Have to watch my wallet now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was told as women "Patterns are only guidelines" to get a approx size--then our own creativity kicks in and we add our own Special touch--now a neew pattern created.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bamabelle, what a great project for all to be working on. The recipients of your labor of love are going to be forever greatful for the thoughtfulness of all of the ladies of your church.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOuld love to be able to make the hat for my grandson, and if you have the link for the pattern, I would greatly appreciate having it.
    Currently I am working on some ripple potato chip scraves for my granddaughter, as well as a camoufloge pullover for my grandson. Always have more then one WIP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Donna, Do you have a simple, simple baby bootie pattern, baby bonnet and sweater patterns? I have a hard time following directions on these paterns but if it's simple I can. My crocheted baby items will go to charity also. The easier the better so my Church ladies will help. Lots of Thanks!!

Mari

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sweet Magnolia;9303]I am working on afghans for our new family members. My son married a lady with six children (5 girls, one boy) and he has his son, plus they had a baby girl in December. I visited them last fall and the kids watched me crocheting and were fascinated. I had crocheted two baby afghans for their new baby and was working on a hat for the baby. To make a long story short, they all asked me to make them each an afghan. So, I am making each of them their own afghan in their favorite colors and a different pattern for each. I have finished one, and am getting yarn for the next one tomorrow. Although I could go through my stash...Nah, I'm sure I wouldn't have the colors that I need, or enough of the yarn, or something. Need to go to the "yarn getting place". I haven't been in weeks and I am having withdrawals. Need to see yarn, lots of yarn, nice soft yarn

Wow, 8 children !!!!! Oh Dear Lord, I have 3 boys - they are all men now, but I remember when they were small - whew. Well you sure do have enough to keep you hooking (Gosh, this sounds so bad - hooking) for a while. Well enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am still crocheting my bedspread which was for a wedding shower gift last weak. I have never had anything give me such problems when it came to joining the strips. Anyway, I eventually got the gist of it and am on my way. My only problem now is if I have enough thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    The key element to the necklaces is to get the ladder trellis ribbon(yarn). I found it at SharonsYarns.com and Creativefiberarts.com. I have some pictures on my facebook page - not sure how to get them on here. One of the other sites that I found is Free Crochet Pattern - Ladder Ribbon Necklace - they have some pictures and a few free patterns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Donna & Angel,
    This has nothing to do w/ crocheting...but you two made me "homesick" when I read you are from KC. I'm a born and raised Topekan! I feel like I'm talking to neighbors. Happy crocheting from Maine.
    IreneH

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crjc;11724]
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    Hi billieconrad. I would love to see a picture of your crocheted necklaces. I have never heard of this option. I bet they are pretty.Maybe you could share a photo or pattern, if you have the chance.

Hello Theresa;
    There are some beautiful ones in the current issue of Vogue.
    Theresa, I added a post with some websites about the necklaces but forgot to put it with your quote. Scroll a few and you will find it.