Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  44
Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

This looks really great! I'm going to use your idea and it seems easier than doing all the granny squares that I have been making recently. Thanks. Oh, if you have really little pieces this time of year is really good to give them to the birds that are making their nests.
    Last edited by DIANA 1946; 03-29-2012 at 02:49 PM.

2. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa, when your afghan starts getting bigger, start adding some slightly darker shades and I'm sure it will look great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just cut of some ends of my yarn made into hats I will put these out on the deck and see if I have any takes. Thanks for that idea. Always like to go green.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never thought of that. I'll have to remember to toss the very tiny ends that I snip off after I weave them in, outside for the birds.

6. Likes trishajohn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know if I replied to this topic in the first thread. I am making plastic canvas baby blocks with a matching box. I am using a different color and stitch for each block and I use the same colors on the box.
    My crochet group makes a flower and a few years ago we made a scrap ghan swapping squares, maker selected the color of the flower and "leaves," we finished with white granny square rounds. Some of the flowers are variegated and they turned out very pretty. I joined mine with denim blue and it is at the foot of our guest room bed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another idea for yarn scraps. Put them into clear Christmas balls and hang on your tree or give them away as gifts. I am saving my red. blue, and white scraps and I will put them into a ball and send them to a group that collects ornaments for military people. You make 2 ornaments just alike and one goes to the family and one to the military person. Also saving red, green, white yarn for Christmas ornaments. I am saving all of my scraps and will think of something else to do with them. I hate throwing them away. Tried to give them to the birds but don't think I had any takers.

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi mamarose22! I think your scrap-ghan doesn't look like it was made from scrap! It really looks great! I particularly like the way that the different colors somehow blended together and complemented the whole kaleidoscope effect. I should say it's just amazing what great artists we have here on this site! Kudos to you!

11. Likes BamaBelleMari, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mama Rose your afghan is lovely and looks so cosy! Did it take forever to weave in all the ends? What patience!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't wait until I finish a project to weave in ends or else I would go crazy. I actually devised my own method for dealing with them. First of all I use the square knot to tie ends as that is the only knot that should be used, unless you do the Russian join. I know some good crocheters who still insist on making a twisted knot by taking both ends and twisting it into one lumpy knot. I leave enough of a tail so I can twist the ends back and forth into the stitches as I work them. I really can't explain it any better.

14. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried the Russian join with not much success, although I don't intend to give up yet, I need to practice a bit more. It does make more sense to deal with the tails as you go though. Your afghan is great because it uses up some of the shorter bits that are hard to find a use for. Thanks again for sharing.