Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

Red Heart Starbella

I made a darling skirt for my granddaughter using Red Heart Starbella yarn. My daughter handwashed it, but somehow it made it to the dryer. The ruffles are now limp and lifeless. Does anyone know how to revive it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi DeniseS, I have made so many ruffled scarves I've lost count. I understand what you are talking about and I have a few things that I've learned to revitalize the "limp ruffles". One thing you can do is turn the skirt upside down so the ruffles are hanging the opposite way, lightly spritz....very lightly....with water and put the skirt in the dryer on fluff with a hand towel that doesn't shed lint balls. try that for about 20 minutes and see if that works. I also have just taken the ruffled scarves and shake the dickens out of them and with my hand lightly muss up the ruffles until they are like new. I expect to really "get it" on what I'm about to say, but it works for me. Again very lightly spritz the ruffles with very light starch while holding the skirt upside down or use very light unscented hair spray again very lightly spritzing in the same way. Shake and hand fluff until dry. I hope one of these ideas works for you. Hugs, Shelly
    ""
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

3. Thanks Denise S thanked for this post
    Likes Susan2014, idbycj liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Shelly. I will give it a try! :-)
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that idea. I always wondered how I could get the 'ump' back.
    Mrs. L

6. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly, I am so Glad to see you back o's n CT. Missed your happy smiles I get when reading your messages. I bet you've done 100's scarves,hows the shawls going. You my Pal how is your Hubby and Church. Can you get along walking better, drive etc. Check back soon. larry is not well for 2-months or more. never know it as he does his own Breakfast and a few things. Tough love helps as I tell him you can get that, make it what ever (still I watch & ready to help) God Bless--Rosary's now 3 times a week only ?? Im trying. Love and lets see pics sweetPea Susan

8. Thanks idbycj thanked for this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Shelly for the great tip!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Susie my dear sweet friend I am sorry to hear Larry is not doing so well .... very hard for you I'm sure. My sister-in-law, the one with alzheimer's, passed on August 26....we went to her memorial on Tuesday. She didn't want a service, just people coming as they wished and talking about the good old days. I am sure she was watching over all of us just enjoying herself. She was in pretty bad shape for weeks before she passed so I do celebrate her being in a much better place without pain. I am going to church every week and our quilt sewing group just started up on Tuesday after having July and August off. I went to see daughter and granddaughters last evening. Everyone made a collage with a piece of scrapbooking paper they picked out and lots of stickers and things I got for them to use. Then I glued the finished paper to a 12" x 12" piece of artist canvas. When it was dry, I hug their beautiful works of art on the wall in their bedrooms. They were so excited to do something new. They can't wait for the next time. I'll have to save money again so I can get each girl a scrapbooking album to keep their projects.......I think hanging one on the wall is enough. It amazes me how creative they are when you just let them do as they please with a few artsy things. I've made more shawls than I can keep track of as well as ruffle scarves and even more jewelry. I have to keep a good stash on hand for when one of the groups from church needs donations for auctions or families need something to keep them warm. Love you, my friend....Hugs and prayers, Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jo
    I hope one of these tips works for you. I haven't really been on the computer much because my computer doesn't want to cooperate with me and I'm not cooperating very well with it. I have to take it in and have it worked on when I get enough money together to do that. Until then, I'll try to patiently work with it when it is willing to cooperate lol
    Hugs, Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Denise, I hope you've had luck with any of the suggestions. I try to help when I can and after making so many of the scarves, I've had more than a little experience working with the ruffled yarns. Good luck. Hugs, Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to meet you, Mrs. L
    If I'm grabbing one of my ruffled scarves to wear, I usually just shake the dickens out of it, then run my hand the whole length in one direction and then do the same in the other direction. Usually that is sufficient to fluff it up enough to wear. Good luck to you, I hope I've helped .... Hugs, Shelly