Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Please pray

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi Julie, there are a couple of belts that need fixed or replaced and there is a problem with the gas pump or fuel line!! If the car drops below the half tank mark the car stalls like I'm out of gas!! My sil tried to fix it but he couldn't find the problem!! It's a 2002 Ford Taurus but so far it hasn't caused me a lot of problems. All I know is I have to be able to take it to Ky. or I won't have a way to get my sister to her dr appointment etc. thank you for your concern and your prayers. Oh it's northern Ky about 10 miles south of Cinti. Hugs Winnie
    Hello Hopefully your car is fixed. And your trip to your sister is an easy one. We live about an hour from Eastgate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Julie, I know exactly where Eastgate is we went to Eastgate Mall a lot!! Maybe I will get a chance to meet you :-) And you Jo, dancingbaehr and I can get together!! That would be awesome!! Still waiting to hear about my car!!! Thank you hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    Your sister will be so blessed to have you to care for her! That is so special and God will bless you abundantly for doing His will.
    I'm keeping you in my prayers and I hope to stay in touch with you.
    Hugs,
    Roma

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi Julie, I know exactly where Eastgate is we went to Eastgate Mall a lot!! Maybe I will get a chance to meet you :-) And you Jo, dancingbaehr and I can get together!! That would be awesome!! Still waiting to hear about my car!!! Thank you hugs Winnie
    I am about an hour away from there. I do not get up that way very often. What other area around there do you know about??

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Julie, you said you are an hour from Eastgate, in which direction? My sister lives in Florence Ky. Near Florence Mall! Do you know where that is?? Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    I'm resending a message.... the other I believe is floating around in cyberspace. Long and short. If you haven't left on you trip I pray that God grants you His traveling mercies. That your car holds out and that when you do arrive your time with your sister will be blessed with much laughter, a whole lot of love and peace as never experienced before.
    Florine

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Florine, Thank you so much I really appreciated your prayers and kind words. I still don't know about my car yet but The Lord knows I need to have it in Ky so I can get my sister to her drs appointments. She missed an appointment the other day bc she couldn't get there! I know her daughter is really trying to help but I don't think she realizes the condition her mom is in. I don't know if I have met you before so if not glad you joined Crochet Talk I hope you are loving it as much as I do :-). Have a good day hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie, I had taken my car in for an oil change and the tech came back saying I needed the belts changed. I asked how much it would cost me. He said he looked it up and it was a $254 dollar job. I told him I'd get back with them. I asked around and got 3 estaments all cheaper than the first one. I ended up with a small place charging $175.00 And they were so nice. He brought the belts out and showed them to me. They were needing changed very bad. But 175 was a long way from 254 dollars. If you have time you might look around. I was so glad I did.
    Huggs, Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie, I hope it all works out well with your car. Bless you for going to care for your sister. I know it will mean so much to her and that you will benefit from the experience as well. My mother moved to live closer to me, so I cut back to part time hours so I could spend more time with her. Then, when she needed hospice care, we moved her into our home where I cared for her for her final 10 months of life. At times it was quite difficult and even painful, but I am so glad she and I had that time together. I miss her so very much! Again, bless you for choosing to be a care giver!
    Auntie Alice

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dear Friend, Winnie!
    I just found this thread and have been reading everyone's replies. I am so sorry you are facing a repair bill for your car! I pray it will not be very expensive and that you get to KY. safely. You are a wonderful person for wanting to be a caregiver for your sister Laura. I'm sure she will be elated to have you back "home". It will be a very special time for you both. Are you planning on living with her, or getting your own place? She is so Blessed to have you for a sister!!

Of course, you know I am happy you're coming back!!!! It would be fun for you and I to meet Julie (and anyone else who could come) for a day of chatting and getting to know each other better!!! No hurry for that though. You first need to get back and get settled in. Oh, I am SOOOO happy you are returning!!!! I'm anxious to meet Laura too!!

My prayers, as always, are for you and Laura, and now also for your car repairs to be minimal and for your safe trip back to KY.
    ~~ Love & Hugs, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!