Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Need help with pattern

Have any of you made the Cancer Ribbon Beanie? It is a free pattern from RAKJ.
    My problem is with row seven. I cannot get it to come out right. I would really appreciate any help. Ginny

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you post a link or copy and paste line 7?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how. I will as soon as I find someone to help me with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Need help with pattern-ribbon-hat-jpg I am trying to send attachment but do not know if it is working.

Post Thanks / Like
    Free Crochet Pattern: Cancer Ribbon Beanie
    Round 7: Ch2, 2dc in the same stitch dc5, * fpdc2, dc4, fpdc2 (Make sure that you count the stitches when you fpdc because they will not be on the same ‘row’ as the dc. The stitches will appear to be unworked on the current row), 2dc, dc4. Repeat from * to complete the round, sl st to the first dc stitch to join (60 sts).

RAKJpatterns by Kristi Simpson: Free Crochet Pattern: Cancer Ribbon Beanie
    I will try this first to I don't get it wrong. I would like to try it anyway. Thank You for the name.
    I have save it and will start on it today.
    charlye

Quote Originally Posted by ginny2228 View Post
    Have any of you made the Cancer Ribbon Beanie? It is a free pattern from RAKJ.
    My problem is with row seven. I cannot get it to come out right. I would really appreciate any help. Ginny
    Last edited by charlye; 07-13-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Charlye, I just noticed that you typed "chain 3, 2dc in same stitch. My pattern has "dc in same stitch"Has it been changed?
    Thanks for responding. Ginny

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like you guys have different instructions for row 7?

Be careful with the FPDC has many accidentally DC in the wrong stitch after the FPDC. Its a little hard to see the correct stitch to DC into; but its to the left of the last FPDC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kayscrochetpatterns View Post
    Can you post a link or copy and paste line 7?
    You are right I did put chain 3. SO SORRY...it is a chain 2 so I posted it here that is why I posted it right from the sight.

this is the seventh line right off the sight:
    Round 7: Ch2, 2dc in the same stitch dc5, * fpdc2, dc4, fpdc2 (Make sure that you count the stitches when you fpdc because they will not be on the same ‘row’ as the dc. The stitches will appear to be unworked on the current row), 2dc, dc4. Repeat from * to complete the round, sl st to the first dc stitch to join (60 sts).

I worked on it last night and I found I could only do 3dc on part of this row but the dc4 that I have done a Bold on are the stitches you use on the stitches that do on the part that you twisted for the cable part the row before. There is 8 stitches you do where it says (fpdc2, dc4, fpdc2) be sure to count these. but I am still working on the beanie.
    charlye
    Last edited by charlye; 07-15-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Charlye, I am still totally unable to do row 7. There are 60 total stitches in that round. I count 75 stitches.
    15 stitches per section X 5 sections. There could only be 12 stitches per section to end up with 60 stitches for the round.
    I know I must be overlooking something very simple but I just cannot get it.
    I really appreciate your help. My pattern was a little different from yours. It said ch 3 at beginning of row and count as first DC. The copy you have says ch2 and it is not counted as first DC. There are a few other things. The pattern must have been revised. I had given up on row 7 and put the whole thing aside a couple of months ago. I thought if I forgot about it for a while maybe it would become clear to me. You and Kay seem to understand it with no problem.