Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  47
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Post Thanks / Like

new question for crocheters

Hi everyone!

I was wondering how many of you wash with detergent or use fabric softener before giving/donating items you make. Wash by hand or just throw a bunch in the washer or not at all? Just curious....

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I normally do wash my crouched items before I give them, but I use dryer sheets and double up on them.
    Judi

4. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont unless I feel its needed or use second hand yarn?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, dear friend. Yes, everyone is fine and I am making it through physical therapy. Daughter and girls are pretty busy this summer so they are having a ball doing one thing or another. I can't join in but I can hear about everything. I am definately using the winder since I have been doing so much crocheting. Working on a baby blanket now. Church is saving me in more ways than one ..... How are you doing? Are you keeping busy with your crocheting? I am praying for you quite a lot and sending angels to visit you with good messages. Now you take care. Love and hugs, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. Just wanted to add my thoughts. I don't wash or put items I've made into the dryer either. I always give a label from the yarn I've used along with the item...that way, the recipient has the washing instructions. My family has always had allergies to different soaps, detergents, etc. so when I find one that isn't irritating to the skin, I stick with it. It's something I always think about when giving a crochet or knit gift. I let the person know that the laundering instructions are on the label and that I haven't done anything to the item. Then I just let it up to the person receiving the item to wash before wearing or using or not. I've never gotten a complaint from anyone...just lots of thanks and appreciation. Hugs, Shelly

8. Likes Judi Gums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to let you know that I had a dr. appt. yesterday and took my crochet along with me. I was waiting for the dr. so I pulled out my project..a baby blanket done using the seed stitch. When the dr came in the room, he was checking out my project and commented that he'd never seen anything like that stitch before and said how much he liked what I was making. He also commented on how impressed he was with my work. Is it a wonder that I've been going to this dr for over 20 years..not only is he a great dr, but he also appreciates my yarn projects (lol). Hugs, Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by seashells_Shelly View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that I had a dr. appt. yesterday and took my crochet along with me. I was waiting for the dr. so I pulled out my project..a baby blanket done using the seed stitch. When the dr came in the room, he was checking out my project and commented that he'd never seen anything like that stitch before and said how much he liked what I was making. He also commented on how impressed he was with my work. Is it a wonder that I've been going to this dr for over 20 years..not only is he a great dr, but he also appreciates my yarn projects (lol). Hugs, Shelly
    And--he apparently knows something about crochet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judi, I would carry my crochet. I don't think your friend would think it rude. She might have hers with her also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone. One of the other ladies in our crochet group brought hers and took hers out after we ate and some of the family members left. We had a wonderful day.

Post Thanks / Like

how did I miss out on signing up for the july granny square exchange?

I have received 5 of my squares from June, but I must have missed something so I could get into the July swap? Is it to late? I already have my squares made.

Dipark