Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  20
Page 9 of 15 First ... 7891011 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I got the gloves you suggested & they work great. Thank you for the suggestion. Now if only my puppy would stop playing with my yarn.......😊

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet everywhere. My hubby gets so confused when I try to read, watch tv, and crochet all at the same time. He says he doesn't understand how I can follow it all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Laura C,
    Thanks for the laugh but it must be frustrating to have your puppy play w/the yarn while you are trying to crochet. I'm glad the gloves are working out for you. I don't always wear the gloves when I crochet but they do seem to help when I do wear them. Sometimes I have them on when I'm on the computer but not usually. It's usually if I have them on from crocheting and then go the the computer w/the gloves still on. Since the gloves provide heat you might want to put them on before you put on your other gloves when you go outside to keep you warmer, that's if it's not too tight w/the thergonomic gloves underneath your other gloves. My husband had bought some longer thergonomic gloves and the gloves also go on the bottom part of your fingers which makes it harder to bend your fingers when crocheting but might be nice for the cold weather. And the gloves that go on your fingers, well, the crochet hook seem to get caught in them when I'm crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is the only time I crochet, it is the only time I sit down, unless I am on PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet while watching TV. I am a multi-tasker! I would do more if I had more to do

Post Thanks / Like
    Tv, movies, riding in the car or truck, even when visiting, I am rarely without a hook or needles.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I am crocheting, I am also watching TV!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's Laura again- unfortunately my thumb is aching. The gloves help but my hands hurt so badly that I have to stop crocheting. Does anyone have any suggestions? I willing to try anything!!! ��

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't mind me asking, what gloves did you get? Was it regular Fingerless, or something more like the copper gloves? I've wanted to try the copper gloves and socks, but wanted to talk to someone else 1st before I try to buy them. I have arthritis and tendonitis and am used to pain a lot of that and other pain too, but when it makes your hands so weak that you can't control the muscles and you have spasms, something must be done before crochet is affected more negatively. I'd go nuts if I couldn't crochet, I'd be so disappointed and sad I can't even imagine.

Ok, sorry, about the t.v. post here, I have Fibromyalgia and it's like all sounds, light, temperatures, everything, is an assault on my senses, it overloads me. So I can't stand to even hear it.v. or radio any more at all, and I love music. I rarely turn anything on and I LOVE quiet... I can SO get into crochet and the computer that I focus 100% on that and t.v. is like an intrusion and aggravation to me. Daytime t.v. is the worst, and I just can't get interested in anything that's on, maybe a few shows we watch sometimes, but I could completely live without it.
    My husband, on the other hand, likes it on as soon as he gets near it even it he's not watching it, lol, it's a habit he's got and he can even sleep with it on - for me, oh no WAY!!! I'm in the other room crocheting though and he doesn't bother me with it at all. He's even has it on low when he's watching business videos and webinars online!

Post Thanks / Like
    Did I mention that I have had Fibromyalgia for over 25 years. I went to a clinical trial at Stanford University for several weeks (had to take time off from teaching my Kindergarten children for this), to partake in this study. It was way early before people really knew about Fibromyalgia so, this was a "true study" of "Fibromyalgia"! I'm sorry that I don't really have something to suggest to Laura C. except "Lyrica". That's what I take and most of the time, I feel like I'm just taking water. I just pray a lot That's my suggestion!!!