Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  41
Page 7 of 11 First ... 56789 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear ladies, I am reading all of your thoughts on scrap yarn with joy. My family loves me dearly but they do think I am a bit nutty to have piles and piles of odd and ends of yarn. They are always amazed when they receive a scrappy gift never making the connection between my bits and pieces to the finish item.

@Pakat I too save the end pieces of specialty yarns and crochet them into little blankets. Either my sister or my daughter gets these as they are both animal people. Cats especially love the fun furs the snuggle and scratch in.

Have a gread day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never thought of that fun fur yarn for cats -- I have a couple of friends who are cat people. They would love a mat for their cats as they have no children it would like giving a Mother a gift for her baby. We even gave my friend Linda a Cat shower when she got her Spiker after her older cat died. We had the most laughs and Linda loved it--she is Spikers Mommy after all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey that sounds like fun, a cat baby shower. I am sure your friend loved it. Yes, cats love the fun fur. And because of all the bright colors that it comes it the scrappy piece is extremely loud and fuzzy and fun. Till later. Also for cats some of those arumigami toys are great. Most are small so add a bell or a bit of cat nip before closing the seams and it makes the kitty cats happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to do this bracelet (it's taking very little amount of yarn). I do a few to give to friends and family.

I hope the link will work, it's the first time I try.

5. Likes Patti Hale, Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for Monika it's a cute idea for my Granddaughters to do for their friends--thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like

What to do with left over yarn!!

I knit it into squares so I can make a blanket out of it!! I have a box full now an am going to have my granddaughter's help me with colors for each blanket. Than I am going to crochet them together an end up with a blanket ...or I hope I will lol!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    November,

I think it's great you are doing this with your granddaughter that is how our next generation learn. You must be a good "Grandma".

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I am a Grandma ...only they call me O'ma ....I will be living with them soon...my daughter is building in her basement for me ...An I will have a big basement apartment bigger than my home lol so I will be doing a lot with them. They are excited about me coming to live with them even tho they are 11 an 14 years old!!

Post Thanks / Like
    November,

You will be happy there and they will be happy to have you!! How wonderful is this!! Most Mothers do not have such a good relationship with their daughters how wonderful!! Your Granddaughters will love having you so close.

Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter is a wonderful to me...she an I have always got along together an her husband an I get along good too. So I know we will all be happy with this arrangement. I will have my space an they will have theirs so we will be fine. I have all ready taught my grandchildren to knit...even the boy's so they all know that all ready. So yes I think things will work out okay for us!!!