Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    duckie43, good luck on your upcoming surgery, and enjoy the twins.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new to this forum and it seems as tho you know your way around the forum and crochet. I'd like to add you as a friend. May I?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alice View Post
    I am new to this forum and it seems as tho you know your way around the forum and crochet. I'd like to add you as a friend. May I?
    Sure, I'm new also. I found the site searching for patriotic items to make. Now my grand daughter is re doing her bedroom and is into Camoflauge. I found some camo yarn so am going to make her some pillows and a rug for her room.

Post Thanks / Like
    I modified a US flag pattern one to make for my eldest grandson. I enjoyed it but it took me a while to figure out the star pattern. I am expecting a new grandbaby and want to make this delicious blanket pattern I found online. I am having great difficulty with this part: skip 3 stitches, then treble front post crochet, go back and hdc in the 3 sts skipped, hdc in next st. What I came up with looks nothing like the picture of the blanket. My version results in a slightly diagonal treble st going from the post to the first skipped stitch. I know that's wrong. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried a sample and it looked pretty good but it sounds like yours did. I don't know what the picture looks like, but following those directions I don't see how it could look any different because you're going behind the post treble to the first skipped st and working your hdc's. That's going to make the diagonal treble.
    Sorry,

6. Likes alice liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the soft, pastel colors that are used for baby blankets, etc.; and I especially
    love the self-shading baby yarns that are available now. So I am currently working
    on baby blankets. Several of the CNA's and nurses here at the nursing home where
    I live are expecting babies. Getting blankets done for these gals will keep me busy
    up until August or later. I just have so much fun making these baby blankets!

8. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Glenda;7074]I tried a sample and it looked pretty good but it sounds like yours did. I don't know what the picture looks like, but following those directions I don't see how it could look any different because you're going behind the post treble to the first skipped st and working your hdc's. That's going to make the diagonal treble.

Thank you for your input. Your remarks sound like what I am doing but it does not match the picture. I'll contact the yarn company that offers the pattern and see if they can help. Thanks so much!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have almost finished my son's afghan. He chose yellow & blue which coincidentally will be his school colors when he starts high school in the fall. Next up will deciding what to work on for Christmas gifts. You have all posted so many wonderful suggestions, the decision of what to start first will be the toughest part.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am working on a doll bassinet. I made a yellow one for my 4 yr old granddaughter and now my first granddaughter who is 5 and has been staying with her father in Texas for a little over a year is coming back this Friday (9th) to stay and we have been waiting to celebrate Christmas with her so I am trying to get the second bassinet finished for her to go with the doll and doll clothes I made for her.
    I also started a purse called "Mermaid Tears" that came from Bernat and it is actually the crocodile stitch. I absolutely love this stitch and would love all the patterns I can find. Most patterns are in books for sale...but every now and then I happen upon one and this is one of them. It is so easy even tho it looks complicated. I made the crocodile hat and scarf that looks like a crocodile for my youngest daughter for Christmas and she absolutely loved it. She loved the stitch and loved the texture. But most of all she loved the fact that it was an actual crocodile with eyes, teeth and a long tail. I also found a shawl pattern in Crochet Today! March/April 2012 issue called Cherry Blossom Shawl that also uses the crocodile stitch at the bottom and it calls for the Red Heart Stardust . I checked it out at Joanns and it's like sock thread/yarn very thin. They only had certain colors in that yarn type which weren't very attractive to me but I don't know....anyway...I just haven't seen very many patterns for the crocodile stitch around or even at stores which surprises me. Maybe it just hasn't taken off but you'd think they would get it out there in stores for their own profit. Has anyone else crocheted anything with the crocodile stitch?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Soulangela2j,

I love hearing about all the nice things you have been making for your daughter and granddaughters. I have only made up a swatch of the crocodile stitch. I watched the tutorials on Youtube to learn it and have been looking for the right project to work it up in. I love it too.

I am nearly finished with my latest afghan in the wave stitch, which is one of my favorites as of late. It is Dark Orchid and it really is beautiful if I do say so myself. I have another one in the same color that is going to my aunt and uncle who live in Wisconsin as soon as I finish this one. This one is done in the Herringbone stitch and I love it too.

Next I have another afghan to get started on for a friends daughters wedding that is suppose to be this spring, but since she went to school 5 hours away we are all wondering when it will be for sure. I still want it done for her though for when ever. that one I am doing in a stitch that I thought up (at least I haven't seen it any where, but it wouldn't surprise me if others have been doing it. I work it similar to the granny stitching, only in rows and not in the round as a granny. To fill in the spaces I work the center stitch in the row below which pulls it together leaving no spaces. It makes a nice heavy afghan and gives it a nice texture. I made one for one of my grandsons out of it and he loves it.

Thanks for sharing,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by soulangela2j View Post
    Well I am working on a doll bassinet. I made a yellow one for my 4 yr old granddaughter and now my first granddaughter who is 5 and has been staying with her father in Texas for a little over a year is coming back this Friday (9th) to stay and we have been waiting to celebrate Christmas with her so I am trying to get the second bassinet finished for her to go with the doll and doll clothes I made for her.
    I also started a purse called "Mermaid Tears" that came from Bernat and it is actually the crocodile stitch. I absolutely love this stitch and would love all the patterns I can find. Most patterns are in books for sale...but every now and then I happen upon one and this is one of them. It is so easy even tho it looks complicated. I made the crocodile hat and scarf that looks like a crocodile for my youngest daughter for Christmas and she absolutely loved it. She loved the stitch and loved the texture. But most of all she loved the fact that it was an actual crocodile with eyes, teeth and a long tail. I also found a shawl pattern in Crochet Today! March/April 2012 issue called Cherry Blossom Shawl that also uses the crocodile stitch at the bottom and it calls for the Red Heart Stardust . I checked it out at Joanns and it's like sock thread/yarn very thin. They only had certain colors in that yarn type which weren't very attractive to me but I don't know....anyway...I just haven't seen very many patterns for the crocodile stitch around or even at stores which surprises me. Maybe it just hasn't taken off but you'd think they would get it out there in stores for their own profit. Has anyone else crocheted anything with the crocodile stitch?