Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  490
Page 18 of 26 First ... 81617181920 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan... That is so wonderful. Me and my daughter have been a part of Relay for Life. She has been doing it for 6 years and I for 3 years. We are taking a break this year because she is pregnant and because there were some issues with our local committee members. Starting this local chapter is so exciting for me. Last year I crocheted scarves for our local Childrens Christmas Party for Cancer Survivors. It is sad to say that 107 invitations went out. We had 37 children attend. It was heartbreaking and very humbling. To see all these children smiling and laughing while fighting this fight. I have also made fleece hats in the past and took them to the hospital children's cancer ward where I was living at the time. I had a newborn sized hat that I told the nurse to send to NICU. She told me she did not have to, they were expecting a newborn with cancer that day. I left crying. These kids are all heros in my heart. I also just made a hat and scarf for a friend who gave them to a patient of hers with cancer.

2. Likes N/A, dragondrummer, blueeyes68, charlye liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Please don't give up on your crocheting. I understand what you are going through. My husband was in Palliative Care with leukaemia and Alzheimer's . I took my knitting with me and in his case it settled him down. I sat with him all afternoon until he went to bed. It is so hard to see someone go like this when you love them so much. Just try to be patient with him and yourself. It is a hard road. My prayers are with you. Please try and keep crocheting just for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet for charity. I make Take Home outfits for newborns in need. I donate to a hospital that I have chosen to help. I love crocheting baby outfits it makes me happy

Post Thanks / Like
    New baby afghan in progress for charity. I am using up some of the older yarn in my stash, and also have to decide on a pattern for the frogged yarn I have. Of all my hobbies, crochet has to be number one.

7. Likes dragondrummer, blueeyes68, Dutch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking at Easter patterns. I thought it would be fun to add something I crocheted to my kids (adult!!!) Easter packages. I've seen some really cute Easter baskets but not sure if I can do one since I'm pretty new to this!

9. Likes dragondrummer, blueeyes68, Dutch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,

I checked into your website on granny squares and that will be very helpful. I've just begun crocheting them and I am having a lot of fun. Thank you so much.

Have a wonderful day.

Cathy

11. Likes dragondrummer, blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cessie View Post
    Hi Jean Marie,

I checked into your website on granny squares and that will be very helpful. I've just begun crocheting them and I am having a lot of fun. Thank you so much.

Have a wonderful day.

Cathy
    Thanks Cessie!

13. Likes dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!! I just finished reading 18 pages of posts. Barbara asked wht projects we are currently working on and i just kept reading and reading and reading!!!! If I respond to a post I seem to lose all the ones below the one I am responding to so I don't do it right then but intend to go back and post my response. No way!! I lose track of which ones I was going to comment on. Any way I would like to say that I hope everyone is either well or getting along better now. Meerkat I don't know how your husband is doing now but better I hope I will pray for him. And someone had broken a wrist. I hope that is on the mend now too .... 18 pages is a lot of information and I can't remember everyone who had problems but I hope you all are better now.
    I have a new great granddaughter! the only great grandchild I have . Here I am at 83 and just now getting a great grand child! I guess I am slow or someone is! ha ha ha . Anyway I am crocheting a baby afghan and want to start on a little dress for her as soon as I can. I am also crocheting for the April square Exchange and right NOW,...yes, right now I am having problems of my own. I am missing church because I can't stay out of the bathroom! It just hit again! I just took 2 more Imodium tablets. I will be out of the "you know whats" soon because I have already used 3 of them just since about 4:00 this afternoon. It's h... to get old when these kind of things happen to you! The doctor put me on a 2nd blood pressure med about a week and half ago and that is one of the side effects I think. I will be calling him Monday probably! I gotta get off here for now. Hugs to you all. Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    redhead. I am finishing up a baby blanket. I haven't crocheted much the last 3 weeks I have been sick and I haven't felt like doing to much

16. Likes dragondrummer, blueeyes68 liked this post