Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  93
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy using Lion Brand Amazing yarn. It is. Inexpensive, yet knits and crochets beautifully!

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good yarns to try

I almost always use Red Heart because it's what is available to me and it's a nice yarn to work with; if it's a little scratchy or stiff, a gentle washing softens it beautifully. Last week KnitPicks had a yarn sale; I bought two skeins of Capra which is a wool/ cashmere blend. Oh my God- it's so beautiful!!! If I was rich I would only buy that kind. I did send for two more because I didn't check the yardage. Just lovely! I also use Knit Picks Brava; it's acrylic worsted weight and only $2.99 a skein. It's a very soft yarn , very nice to work with.
    Last edited by vikicooks; 01-11-2014 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Adding info

4. Likes Barbara G., dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always preferred Red Heart, and that has been for 40 years. Lately I have tried out Lion Brand and Bernatt, I still prefer Red Heart, but for a soft yarn Bernat is a good brand. I like Lion Brand, and I love their site where I can get free patterns.

I don't use any wool yarns due to me being allergic.
    Pat

6. Likes Barbara G., dickletn, dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Herschners has a site online, and they will send out a free catalog.
    Pat

8. Likes Barbara G., dickletn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have started to try to find cotton yarn not thread I do that for doilies but the other yarns I have used but now they make my eyes run itch so am looking for a cheaper brand of cotton to use for vest I do the lily and sugar and cream for dish cloths but not sure how that would look for vest

10. Likes Barbara G., dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    PAT - Thanks! I will look it up!
    MonaLouise

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW I really am amazed at all the different yarns out there. THANK YOU girls for sharing as it gives me an idea what to try. Allways a deal but soft yarn. Red Heart & Lions brand, sugar N cream is what I usually use. Ill check some out. baby yarn Im needing now??

13. Likes Barbara G., dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in a small rural area, we do not have a variety of yarn shops. Red Heart is what I use the most, I like the Red Heart with Love because it is so soft, but not able to get that anymore, I also use the Caron and like the soft feel of that as well. I have used the Bernat, Lion brand, and sugar and cream. Yarn is my passion. Seems every time we get to a bigger city, that is what I look for is more yarn!

15. Likes Barbara G., dickletn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I KNOW it's not made anymore, but my all-time fav has to be "SAYELLE". iT KNITTED OR CROCHETED LIKE A DREAM, WASHED LIKE A HANKY, AND WORE LIKE IRON! wHAT MORE could a crafter want? I gotta work on my keyboard. Caps lock is getting stuck again.
    Nowadays, I use good ole RED HEART. The stuff I make has to stand up to frequent washing and drying. DH is a sanitation worker; and DD and I tend to drop stuff on the bus floor, which is none too clean.
    I KNOW there are folks who turn up their noses at Red Heart; but it's available just about anywhere and stands up to less than TLC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sayelle is the name I could not remember SML I have (senior memory loss ) I like that and Red heart. used mostly and planning to try some others on here have mentioned. Have a Good Week Susan MJ