Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  76
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shriners Hospital NOW thats were Id like to donate. A dear friend of our Early Childhood belonged and I remember things they did for Kids etc. Im in Twin Cities, Minnesota. I check that out soon. Your son may I ask what reason of his Care there? Its a Private thing and excuse this old lady. We care about all who are in our Group. Can just OMITT that. Love to hear about what thing you make?? Have a super Week and God Bless (Big Mouth) Susan M J

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just look for free patterns on the web and when one grabs my attention, I bookmark it til
    I can print it . If
    it looks well explained, like regular amigurumi, I take it along to work on the four hour trip and in waiting rooms.

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite project that I crocheted was a aftgan it took a month to make it.

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi little drummer!
    When I first wanted to begin making name doilies, I bought the book "Your Name & More in Filet Crochet" by Leisure Arts. I just found it online at the Leisure Arts site. Here is the website for it. Just click on the link to see it.

Your Name and More in Filet Crochet eBook - Leisure Arts

It costs $4.99. This book has become my "Filet Bible". I have bought another filet name doily book, but haven't even tried it yet. This book is easy to follow, with great charts. If you buy it, let me know. I will be happy to hear from you if you have problems or just want to "chat" about filet crochet. My E-mail is dancingbaehr@yahoo.com
    I wish you good luck, my friend!!!
    Hugs, Jo

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only made one full Afghan and it took me almost a year, I knitted it, it was the first thing I knitted and made it a ripple afghan, I should of picked a simpler pattern.

10. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think my all time favorite thing was a teddy bear. He had a brown head, brown paws and feet. From his neck to his wrist and ankles he had on red longjohns with the flap on the back. The cute part was a separate brown suit that covered the red underwear.

12. Likes Barbara G., dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like making washcloths.
    They are a chasnce to learn new techniques and stitches.
    They use up odds and ends of thread/yarn.
    They are great projects to work out new stitch combinations and techniques.
    They are small and finish more quickly than any other project I have done.

14. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on my mood...I have made a lot of afghans, but I winged a poncho for my great niece and it turned out cute (surprised myself on that one!) Dishcloths as you can never have too many of them. Going to start making dog sweaters for a shelter once I get my measurements down. I also like to make hats for male cancer patients.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

16. Likes Barbara G., nothingnowhere liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    mwki1231,
    I crocheted a teddy bear one time too. After I finished crocheting him, I latch-hooked yarn into almost every stitch to make fur. I named him Scruffy. I always take him on vacation with us, and he has had some amazing adventures! I have a whole photo file of him in different places, doing many fun things. I'll try to download some photos of him in the photo section of CT.
    Hugs, Jo

18. Likes Barbara G., little drummer, meki1231 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    He has a condition called arthrogryposis and has two leg braces and other orthopedic issues. They are awesome to him--treating him like a person, not a patient. Some staff even make a special effort to come visit if they see him in clinic.

20. Likes Barbara G. liked this post