Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Very beautiful! Thanks very much! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Tennessee, between Nashville and Knoxville
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, i don't see well anymore and I thought it said LIKE and I hit the wrong button. I LIKE this pattern and say thank you for the great instructions for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    it is truly awesome and I really love them all but the one that is clicking in my mind is the first one with the 8 dc count. I think it is the best. Thanks for finding this pattern.

4. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool optical illusion pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    What I have been able to learn about this pattern is- it is written in UK terms. Therefore her DC=sc
    DTR=TR
    and she told a friend of mine via inter-net that you use a size H hook.
    Of course I HAD to have a few extra colors of yarn to make this with!!!!!!! The 5000 skeins in my stash just did not have the correct colors.lol Thank you so much for finding this for us. Have the yarn now and as soon as I get these WIP's done I plan to start on it. Thanks again. PS I plan on doing the 8 row thingy too. Think it is prettiest. Shouldn't be hard- after you get the first row down the subsequent rows are 1 step to the left of previous.
    Last edited by Magnolia Blossom; 06-23-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kolina, watch some videos on you tube- hold your yarn anyway that is comfortable to you that allows you to get correct tension. Get some cotton yarn at Wal- Mart and make dishcloths out of the stitches you are learning. Above all else, laugh at your mistakes, try to correct them, and HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KolinaGr View Post
    Thank you Sarah,

For the information, and pattern. I need all the help I can get. I'm so anxious to crochet something, but so far I'm just practicing on the stitches. My main problem is feeling secure about how I hold the yarn. I'll get it, cuz I won't give up, it's too important to me.

Kolina

8. Likes dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kolina, I think one of the hardest things about teaching crochet is teaching how to keep the tension correct. Which is the only reason it matters how you hold the yarn. However you can keep the tension (correct flow of the yarn) will be the right way to hold the yarn. I still tend to switch back and forth from wrapping the yarn around my pinkie (makes it too tight), or not wrapping it (can end up too loose if you let it). I seem to start off with it around the pinkie, but as I always seem to have to rewrap it as I'm working and pulling out the yarn, I seem to switch to not wrapping it. As long as I keep the same tension, it's ok.
    I'm teaching my deaf friend now, and I was really watching what I do. As I crochet, my pointer finger goes up and down. Down to let out more yarn and up to make it more taut. But I try to keep it between the 2 kuckles so it won't come off and I can manuever it better.
    (I guess I should say, I wrap over the pinkie, or around it, under next 2 fingers, and over pointer. My thumb and middle finger hold the project. And my right hand, while holding the hook, (I'm right handed) kinda helps hold the project - off and on - as needed also. Holding the yarn, position of finger, and how I'm holding the hook and project all come together to provide correct tension.
    I'm not telling you this to make you more nervous. I just want you to understand that it's something that comes with practice, trial and error, and just seeing what works for you.
    And I'm sure if ten more people told you how they hold things, you'd probably get 10 more opinions.
    So, as Magnolia said. Just go with it, and have fun!
    Have you heard the term "frogging"? It's something we all do. It's when you rip out your work. Rip it, rip it, rip it. (Say it fast)> LOL
    Good luck, you'll get it. And don't forget to:
    Crochet with Joy
    Joy Ann

10. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Joy Ann. It seems I have better luck asking questions in this forum, than any other method I've tried. And you say it in an understandable wording. Anyway, thanks for in explanation on how to hold the yarn. I think now I will have much better luck with your
    help. I'll try it now. Oh yes, I've already been frogging a lot.

12. Likes dragondrummer, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have found that how I wrap the yarn around fingers depends also on what type of yarn it is. If it is soft slick yarn I have to wrap it differently to keep the tension
    Quote Originally Posted by KolinaGr View Post
    Thank you Sarah,

For the information, and pattern. I need all the help I can get. I'm so anxious to crochet something, but so far I'm just practicing on the stitches. My main problem is feeling secure about how I hold the yarn. I'll get it, cuz I won't give up, it's too important to me.

Kolina
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

14. Likes dragondrummer, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing the pattern. It's a beauty! Betty

16. Likes dragondrummer liked this post