Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  136
Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tip!!

2. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well taking the big leap today! Did the first 24 rows and think I will frog it because I found myself concentrating so much that my tension tightened up. So now that I have more confidence (at least in the first 24 rows ) I think I can relax more and crochet looser like I did on my gauge swatch. Not off by much, but figured that it would add up and don't want it to look like my first frog that I crocheted, which looked like it came out a very very polluted pond!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well haven't had too much time in the past week. But I did work on the Renaissance sweater over the weekend. I had to rip out the first front piece and reworked it with an I hook to get the proper gauge. I began the second side and lost track of what I was doing, so started it again, and lost track again! So needless to say I have completed the first part of the front piece and almost done with the second part. This week looks just as busy so I am predicting not picking it up again until the weekend. Will keep you posted.
    How are you liking the pattern so far Rosie?
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

5. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well haven't had too much time in the past week. But I did work on the Renaissance sweater over the weekend. I had to rip out the first front piece and reworked it with an I hook to get the proper gauge. I began the second side and lost track of what I was doing, so started it again, and lost track again! So needless to say I have completed the first part of the front piece and almost done with the second part. This week looks just as busy so I am predicting not picking it up again until the weekend. Will keep you posted.
    How are you liking the pattern so far Rosie?

Post Thanks / Like
    I also switched to the larger hook so now it is running a bit big, but better that then the other way since there probably be shrinkage! I know what you mean by losing your count in the front, I would be okay until those last18 rows, that is where I kept losing count! I ended up having one a big longer than the other and it was giving me a headache trying to figure out where I miss counted so I decided to do the back and match up the front, so that way I can either add a row or subtract a row from which ever side is wrong!

I'm really enjoying the pattern. It was a bit of a mind teaser for me especially towards those last rows! Had to keeps lots of notes to remember which rows I was repeating! And once I started to remember that the Even rows start on the side with the beginning tail, and the odd number rows start on the other, it helped me keep my place much easier! Or else I think the pattern is great! Really have to be awake on it tho Lol. And works soooo much better if I am alone and don't have any distractions!

8. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes...interruptions not a good thing with this pattern. I used the same method with the tail to remember which row I am on! I most likely won't get to this again till the weekend . keep me posted :-)

10. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I decided to take a break (on row 7 of back) and read ahead on the instructions. And quite frankly got very sick to my stomach!! But I think I got rows from "rows 20-36" figured out. Now if I was a nice size small (in my dreams )I would of been okay if I ignored the instructions what was in parentheses , but I'm not and my stomach was doing topsy turvy big time! But I think I got it figured out!! yeah, well at least until they said " second shoulder". Oh well, maybe once I get to that point my mind will be bent out of shape enough to understand . Or look like I came out of a polluted pond!
    Last edited by rosieh20; 03-12-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Rosie ....I don't know what to tell you......but you are scaring me :-) :-)

13. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no teri, it really isnt bad at all. I just went into panic mode. First time ive read a pattern like this so just need to get use to it is all. Actually the back is really easy now that i know what they were saying.

15. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Recommendation: The yarn that I am using is 4oz skeins. I did both fronts and then the back. I ran out of yarn just before I finished the back. So I suggest that depending upon how big your skeins are, that you start another one or you will have to splice it like I did. No big deal, I used a Russian Join, but still I wish I had started the back with a new skein of yarn.

17. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, Teri liked this post