Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  136
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Rosie for finding this pattern :-)
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

2. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad everyone is havin much fun with it. Perhaps i will try to get to larger city to find a good yarn for it. Walmart is all i have here. Not sure abiut simply soft. Gotta look around. But i do eant to do it!!

4. Likes amanda, Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay so I downloaded this pattern and even checked out the colors I like. I'm too scared to make this. It seems so complicated to me. I've been crocheting for 40 years but I've never once made a clothing item (except for shawls, scarves and hats, those aren't the same thing). I'm afraid I can't follow the pattern, so many different pieces to it - and what if it doesn't fit when I'm done? I'd probably need a XXL size, I'm kinda "busty" even though I'm really short. I wouldn't know how to begin measuring it as I go.

I guess I'm just a little intimidated to tackle something like this. Y'all make the most beautiful things! I'm so impressed with your artistic talents. I want to see some pictures when you guys are finished with this!

Shelley

6. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Shelly

Go ahead and try it! It's how I felt at first. Once I taught myself to crochet every stitch the first things I made were vests for my 2 small boys at the time. Now, If I could and can do it, you can too!!
    I had my doubts but I went for it! Just keep trying, and if you crochet tight use a bigger hook and or check your gauge when you start and being bust, follow the directions for the large size. I once made a grey sweater for me and because I tend to crochet loosely it came out to big for me so I made another and even crocheted less stitches but it still came out to large for me! I was a little mad at myself but since Christmas was coming up, I gave one to my niece and one to my daughter-in-law as they are larger than me, so it all worked out! I STILL have yet to make one for myself! Just keep trying and go for this one! You will surprise yourself! I have faith in you! Let me know.
    I will post a couple of pics soon of 2 sweaters I made awhile back. Real proud of them as I didn't mess up the size and they fit me!

8. Likes amanda, Magnolia Blossom, Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like that one too I was going to print it off but have to wait for more ink in printer
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

10. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    you always have us for backup

12. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    besides you will never know if you can if you don't try I think you will amaze yourself by what you can do

14. Likes amanda, Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Shelly

I loved BERNAT SATIN! It's what I used for my one sweater and it's so easy to work with and your project looks and feels beautiful!
    I used REDHEART SUPER SAVER on the other and it still came out really nice, just a different feel and thickness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay Pixie, lets do this first time together! I have always shied away from garment making also. A bit nervous for sure! But I am definitely inspired to try it now! And I guess that Elenor took away my "good" excuse for not starting it! So ole Wally World may have something that would work. And I do also love the Satin! But maybe I will order it on line, because my color selection isn't very good now. Their yarn shelves looks like Old Mother Hubbards at the moment!

17. Likes amanda, Teri, eleanor80120 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes all I have is WalMart too
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

19. Likes amanda liked this post