Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    It's a light blue Bernat baby yarn. This is the yarn I have in the house.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 04-28-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula, I finished rnd 3 of the skirt but I only have 11 shells not 12 shells like the pattern says. How many shells did you end up with on rnd 3 of the skirt?

Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, That sounds like it will be pretty can't wait to see your dress.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,

In order to get twelve shells it is important to get row 2 correct. The clue there is the last stitch in row 2 that will give you 36 loops.

After the eyelet row 1 you should have 60 chain spaces. In order to get 36 loops at the end of row 2 you will chain 1 and do half double crochet in the first single crochet to form the last loop. (This is where I think you ended up with only 11 shells instead of 12)

Starting row 3 you should have 36 loops if you don't your pattern will be off. You need those 36 loops to create the shells.

You need 12 shells at the end of row 3. You will need to stop and redo row 2 or you are wasting your time as the pattern will not fall into place or if you keep only 11 shells you will have a hard time following the pattern because it will state in the following rows where to slip stitch to several stitches to start the next pattern design and you won't be at the shell you need to get the right results.

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 04-29-2018 at 08:06 AM. Reason: spacing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Jean Marie,

In order to get twelve shells it is important to get row 2 correct. The clue there is the last stitch in row 2 that will give you 36 loops.

After the eyelet row 1 you should have 60 chain spaces. In order to get 36 loops at the end of row 2 you will chain 1 and do half double crochet in the first single crochet to form the last loop. (This is where I think you ended up with only 11 shells instead of 12)

Starting row 3 you should have 36 loops if you don't your pattern will be off. You need those 36 loops to create the shells.

You need 12 shells at the end of row 3. You will need to stop and redo row 2 or you are wasting your time as the pattern will not fall into place or if you keep only 11 shells you will have a hard time following the pattern because it will state in the following rows where to slip stitch to several stitches to start the next pattern design and you won't be at the shell you need to get the right results.

Spoula
    Hi Spoula,
    Maybe I should start over from the beginning. On row 2 of the Yoke I have 95 dc's and it says I'm supposed to have 96 dc's.When it says to ch 3 at the beginning of row and crochet in next stitch does that mean to crochet in the first stitch because I didn't. I normally would crochet in the first stitch but I thought I was supposed to skip the first stitch because the ch 3 counts as a stitch. So in skipping the first stitch I ended up with 95 dc's instead of 96 dc's.

row 3 I have 108 dc's
    row4 I have 118 dc's
    row 5 I have 139 dc's but when I separated the sleeves I had the skip 23 like I was supposed to have.
    row 6 I count 148 dc's
    row 7 I count 171 dc's
    row 8 I count 192 dc's
    row 9 I count 109 dc's

eyelet rnd I have 49 ch 1 spaces
    rnd 2 of the skirt I have 30 loops

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, Based on your post you should have the exact dc listed if you do not you will not be able to do the skirt correctly. On the eyelet row you need to have 60 spaces and row 2 you must have 36 loops.

I started over on the first dress I made on row 10 of the skirt with this pattern. Remember I skipped the placket and that is what threw me off. The second time I made the dress I mentioned to count your dc
    (not stitches)
    and follow the pattern as written and I did the placket this time. Let me know if you need more help.
    Spoula