Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Donna. I am AudreyL from Pa. I use Aunt Lydia's classic 10 the ball has 2730 yds on it . I never had any trouble with it. South Maid is another good kind of thread

2. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Donna, I have a white crocheted tablecloth on my table that my Sis did for me. the table is 53 ins across so she had to make the cloth about a foot longer all around so that it would hang down. It is made of #10 thread and I would never sell it . There is about a year's work in it . It is the pineapple design. I had started one but never finished it. I was floored when she sent this one. When I put it on the table I was worried that it would get stains on it so I have a piece of plastic over it. The plastic has little ladybugs on it. So my cloth looks like a spiderweb for the bugs. But it stays clean. Margaret

4. Likes N/A, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Margaret, that sounds so lovely. I'll bet you WERE floored. I've never completed a tablecloth either. I know my cousin wouldn't have sold her tablecloth for herself but she gave it to benefit the church. The hardest patterns I've done were gifts for my sisters, so you know that your gift was what I call a "labor of love". I have been making small Victorian-like doilies for the round glass votive holders and my sister asked me to attempt to sell some at the craft show in Florida. I don't know if they'll sell or not but I've been having a ball making them in all different colors. They're double ruffled and tight patterned, so even though they're small they're definitely not a "fast" little piece of work. That's not until December so I still have plenty of time. I wanted to pour the little candles to go with them but I'm a little afraid to invest in the materials needed until this government mess is over. (A chunk of our income is social security retirement.) Who knows, maybe I'll end up with dozens of "little labors of love" to give to my family. LOL If not, this little pattern is now so ingrained in my brain I'll probably make them some anyway. Man, I do carry on, LOL. I think I need to get off the computer now and get to my crochet. Donna

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Audrey. Thanks for replying to my post. I've also used South Maid but like Aunt Lydia's classic 10 a little better. I haven't tried the huge balls like you use though. I'll bet you do some really impressive pieces it you use the huge balls. I am going to order some of the DMC Cebelia in bright white and see how that does. Maybe it's just me having trouble with the texture of the Aunt Lydia's white, but I do so love their colors and have no trouble using them. I guess it just a matter of personal preference and rusty skills. For over 20 years my job left me with so little time or energy to crochet that I had to work to get back into the rhythm again. I do want to say that I don't in any way insinuate that Aunt Lydia's is not a good brand. I'm grateful that they still make # 10 in so many beautiful shades and keep the price affordable. Thanks again for your reply. Donna D

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Diana. Thank you so much for the welcome. I don't think I replied to you before now. I've had so many welcomes and advice that I think I'm having trouble keeping track. You're right, this is really a great group and I'm so glad I found you all. I don't know how talented I am but I do try to do good work. I'm am rather slow with my crochet compared to what my grandmother and mother used to do, but I don't think speed makes any difference. Its the shape of the stitches that count. So I'll just say Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Donna D

8. Likes N/A liked this post