Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

new to Crochet Talk

Hello everyone.

I'm Laura from Wisconsin! My husband Paul and myself have been married for 46 years. We have 3 children, and 5 grandchildren.
    I love to crochet and read. I've currently had fun crocheting scarves with Starbella.

I am also working on a sweater for my sister. But that's not going so well. But, I'm not giving up!!

2. Likes GrammaJoe, Maryd., WabashWoman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well done, Keep it up. Welcome to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome....if you need some help let us know...we will try and help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Laura and welcome! My husband and I have been married for 37 years, and we have 3 children and 5 grands!! So glad you decided to join us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and if you have pictures of your work we would love to see them. If we can help just ask and someone on here will know how. We are a funny and helpful bunch not always in that order.

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome, i'm from wisconsin too. central part. enjoy all of the topics that are discussed here and feel free to join in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! It is a pleasure to have you here on site with us! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you

Thank you everyone for your great welcome!

I have the 2 smaller grandkids tomorrow, so I won't be on. But I know I'll enjoy this group!

10. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the nice free patterns. I am a senior in a retirement home, and have always liked crocheting, knitting, and loom work. Have been making snowflakes, and just finished a rather complicated pattern. I use contact paper mounted on cardboard to stretch out my designs. Works well and is economical. This morning I was displaying one of the patterns, and the lights in our front room picked up color, and it was amazing that it turned a golden hue. It was interesting to experiment with different lights for different colors. I like the patterns with the personality faces. Also learned the Japanese way of crocheting that looks like knitting, as I have my crochet hook with a hole in the bottom, and that is where I thread a shoelace, and use it as the other needle - so have two as knitting needles. Makes a nice circle doily, without sewing sections together. Also have a pattern for making heels in stockings. Many of these have been from friends over the years. I am in my nineties, but don't feel like it ----We were Snowbirds for ten years, and gained from people in the preserves we stayed in. Still learn from others. Middy -

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Middy, all ages are welcome and we have all ages here. Seems like you have lived an interesting life! We love pictures of your work.