Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  44
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Redhead, I know where Middletown is.. I had relatives there too. sadly she passed away not to long ago, I just found out. Her name was Kate. Her hustand passed a few years ago. His name was Bob. They lived down that side road by the old drive-in. I live farther north. Have you ever heard of North Baltimore? I live 3 miles north from there. Its about 45 miles south of Toledo.
    Last edited by Kathy B.; 12-18-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

2. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just love "listening" to everybody! I'm sitting here typing with one of my cats curled up on my arms. I'm 65, but my mind doesn,t feel like it. It feels like I was just working at the hospital in The cardiac cath lab and then running the dr's. office. Where did the years go? I taught myself to crochet by reading a pattern and following the illustrations on how to do the stitches. I made a quilt once. I crossstitched 12-12" squares of antiques cars for my son when he was 10. He still has it now. He is 41. I did not use a quilt stand to make it. It cured me of quilting, but not of crossstitching. I still do that and crewel work, too. Reading about the country reminds me of my great-aunt taking my sister and me to where she and my mother and the rest of the family grew up in Kentucky. They dressed up in their country best to go to church and had their big dinner after. I remember sitting in a big swing holding a dog, while the rest of the family sat around telling about old times. They tell me that when I was a kid I always had a dog or cat by me. I raised a raccoon from a baby. Boy, did she turn into a B---- when she became an adult!!!. We let her go in the Cleveland Metroparks (which was probably wrong now that I look back on it). (we had a 20-acre farm). I was pretty much on my own in the summer from sun-up to sun-down. I rode the neighbors horses, milked their cows, planted corn, beans, watched my Dad's roadside stand, picked strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and vegetables. A lot of work, canned with my mom. I hated that. Cutting the corn off the cob was the worst. Yuk. Canning tomatoes wasn't any fun either. Peaches, pears, green beans, You name it, we did it. At least we never went hungry. That's why I never grew up, just out. I only grew to 5'. Now Nicholas, my 12 yo (soon to be 13) grandson is taller than me and my 7 yo grandson, Carter tells me I'm shrinking. I'm 4' 10" now. In my next life, I'm coming back as a basketball player! I loved being a kid on a farm! Judy
    Last edited by justplainjudy; 12-18-2012 at 10:24 PM.

4. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mom was 5 foot if she wore heels and stretched. I got into real trouble once (I'm 5 ft 7) when she asked me to get something off of the top shelf in the kitchen and I sassed, "Anything for the vertically challenged." She turned to me and gave me that mother look...you know the one...and told me I wasn't too old to paddle! Caro

6. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Redhead, I'm guessing 72. If younger then Landon told me and if older it was all me. lol

8. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Redhead, I always wanted to be 5'5". My mom & dad were about that. My grandfather (My Mom's father) was 6' and so were her 2 brothers. So I must have taken after my dad's side of the family. I never knew his parents, but the rest of his side of the family was short. Short and chubby or stocky. What I knew of my mom's side was tall and thin. She was thin.

I would guess you to be about my age. 65 or so. Judy

10. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    To everyone!I didn't know where to go to ask this question so what I want to know is this Where can I find that website address again for the open Facebook thingee that was showing all the granny squares for the Connecticut project? There was a lot of info there that would help me know what to do. I want to join the project and crochet squares for it. Thanks. This time I will write it down!

12. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Redhead,
    I think your best bet would be to private message Landon. The 1st thing I saw about the Connecticut project was on her Facebook Page. I'm sure she has all the info you need to be a part of that project.
    Hugs, Jane