Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

New member from massachusetts

I love to crochet and have been doing it for many years. It is nice to be able to chat with people who have the same interest in crochet as i do. I am also new to posting so i hope i am doing this rite. I am not sure what a trackback or a tag is so i will click submit new thread.

Nancyr

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nancy and welcome to the group. I'm Jan. Glad you could join us. You will find us not only friendly but helpful as well. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Nancyr. Pronounced the same as St. Cyr? Welcome to the group!

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet hooks

Thank you for your welcome. I bought a new crochet hook "Susan Bates" steel number 8, and when I brought it home I discovered that it was a lot lighter in weight than the older ones I had. I will cherish my old steel hooks as they are what I am use to and seem better made. I am still looking for good steel crochet hook brand that makes hooks like they did in years past.

NANCYR

Post Thanks / Like
    NancyR, welcome and you will find that someone on here will know exactly where to look for the best hooks. My sweet little puppy stole my old hook and I had to replace it with an ergonomic one that I had and it changed how I crochet from a pencil grip to a knife grip. Makes my carpal tunnel a little angier but I will get used to it. I am in crochet hell with a Spiderman afghan for my grown son so I had to replace the hook immediately. I am almost done now it looks like I am running out of black yarn! Holey moley I will be glad when I get this done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi twinfaye, I hope you find your hook. Most of my crochet hooks I have had since the early sixties. The best part of starting a project is the day you finish the project. I just finished a queen size afghan for my grown son too. Good luck with your Spiderman afghan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group! It is great to have you here and you have successfully created your first post with us! Enjoy your time here and don't worry about the tags!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nancy, welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is fun. I am throughly enjoying this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nancy! It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa. I make thread doilies