Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hello from the Mississippi Delta

I outside a small Mississippi Delta town- it is a very rural area with few stores. Our county has only 1 grocery store! You cannot even buy a skein of yarn or piece of material in the county. The neighboring counties are not much better, but a least there you can buy some yarn (very small selection of Red Heart & Caron) and something to sew with. I have never been in, or even seen, a yarn shop. I would probably go crazy buying if I did. I love to crochet, knit, sew, and read. I am preparing in the near future to start some new crafts- pouring concrete garden decorations; using polymer clay, cold porcelain & paper mache; and pottery. I'm not sure when I will find the time but I know I will. I'm glad to have found the site and hope to get many good ideas and hopely pass some along, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! I was actually born in Mississippi, and live in Oklahoma (for most of my life). Glad to have you here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome here. I am Larisa. I make thread doilies. I use to buy sewing thread and put 2-3 strands together...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! And welcome! I too live in a very small town! But we do have places to get yarn and such about 45 minutes away! Sound like you are going to be very, very busy! Check in with us whenever you can! We are interested in other things as well as crocheting and knitting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that's great. Keep up the creativity and thanks for passing your knowledge on....