Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Post My apology for not introducing myself

Hi All, I am from NJ, first learned to knit when I was in Brownies, we all made nine 9x9" squares and the leaders sewed them together for a charity. I never stopped there, went on to crochet, sewing and made my first afgan at 13, small one, but I finished it. I went on to a beautiful Rose quilt. Started with just the flowers stuffed into Wonder Bread bags, then bought the green for the leaves, restuffed into Wonder Bread bags, by time I got to the outside and the edging, the Wonder Bread bags were useless! I went on to make 3 more as gifts, then went on to quilting. Too bad my girls didn't take up the hobby, it is a stress relief!!
    Have fun!!!
    Lenore

Post Thanks / Like
    Lenore,

Great to have you on board! Glad you are here! I am a troop leader for my daughter's troop and I am planning on doing some teaching next year of simple crochet techniques! It is always great to hear of others experiences - hope you enjoy the group!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Lenore!
    When my girls were little, I was a Brownie and Girl Scout leader. I did try teaching them to crochet once, but apparently I wasn't a good teacher or they just weren't into it! That was in the 70s and 80s, crocheting wasn't cool then! Glad it's coming back into popularity!