Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  32
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan . The craft show is this Saturday. Thanks for the encouragement...I really do need it. Had to take mother in law to another doctor today...she was very miserable today. There wasn't anything I could do that made her happy. She took my cell phone from me and called her oldest son to take her to the 2 tests the dr ordered, but that was before we saw the scheduling person so she kept her son on the phone until she finally handed the phone to the scheduler. I had my calendar ready so I could make sure my days were free for the tests. Then she yelled at me because I didn't jump in and say to her, don't worry about it, I'll take you whenever the tests are. I told my hubby that I've about had it now and need a long break from the dr appointments. She never listens to what they are trying to tell her, she just expects me to remember everything they say. When I try to explain what they've said, she tells me that I am wrong and then she gets everything wrong and mixed up the expects me to fix her calendar at home. Now this yarn ministry is starting on Wed. evening and I don't even know how to lead a ministry.....I'm ready for a long, long, sleep but don't have time because I have too much to get ready for Wed. and for Sat. craft show.
    I do have a double spinner for you. I've decided to price it at $30.00 but I'm not paying the shipping anymore because it is always different. I know I should charge more but I am happy just to have people want to use them. I will ask my brother to make one for me as now I have some eyelash yarn and some plain yarn that I want to use together to make some scarves and who knows what else might come of that? I am hoping that most of the women coming on Wed. have their own hooks and needles because I gave all my extras to my daughter. I won't tell Pastor Joe I don't have the money to buy supplies either because what if this doesn't work out? Then I will have wasted church money and I won't do that. I have to go tomorrow morning and pick up some needles and yarn from a man a church who lost his wife nearly 2 years ago and he hasn't been able to part with her knitting things. He came up to me after church on Sunday and asked if I would be interested in Loretta's knitting stuff because he feels now is the right time to give it to me because he knows I am the right person and he knows that his wife would want me to have her things. Talk about putting on the pressure.....I know I'm putting all the pressure on myself. I befriended John about a year ago when Pastor Joe asked me if I would talk to him and try to get him to open up to me about his wife's death because he was having such a hard time dealing with it. He wasn't talking to anyone in church or going out with the lunch bunch and Pastor Joe felt he wasn't getting anywhere as far as helping him. So I just went up to him one day and said hi and introduced myself. He was polite but not interested in conversation but each week I was persistant and soon he was telling me all about her and how much he missed her and he started crying and I was just there for him to let it out. Now we are friends and he is happy again. Oh my, look at me rambling on and on. Sorry, Susan. I think I just need to go to bed now and try to get some rest. I need to put mother in law out of my mind for at least tonight. I bet she calls tomorrow and asks me what the dr said and when are her tests and what are they for, etc.
    Do you want me to get the double spinner in the mail this week? For you, I will do anything and enjoy every minute.....You always cheer me up and Pray for me. LOVE and HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My dear Shelley" Yarnaholics Ministrey" your MIL is hurting so BUT she doesn't need to bark at everyone (thats for dogs). You are a special DIL to do this and i know hubby LOVES you more for this.he gets his taste of it Sat. Hope your Wednesday Group goes well 1st one a little scary but you know them and dont let them take over your in charge ?? I have extra needles not sure of sizes I
    will send some ..what sizes do you think you'll need most?? Your Friend from Curch has met the right person and your a dear to befriend him and he'll make men friends hopefully. its an honor to get knitting needles from him. Hard for him too?? Now Friday I'hope you will go slow & easy so not to hurt from muscles soreness. Your yarn love is a relaxer and MIL needs to know that dont give that up for poor me MIL), have a good sleep. Dont send unless your going to Post Office for another reason, Im in no hurry Ill send Shipping added to spinner OK. Loads of Prayers and Good thoughts and one for MIL poor crabby , hurting so. LOVE Susan M J

4. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelly,
    Get some rest and I hope you are able to sleep at night! I hope your MIL is doing better. It's nice of you to take time out of your day to help your MIL. Hang in there!

6. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, thank you so so much for making me feel a lot better. I understand my MIL is hurting, depressed and lonely. She is really pushing all of us who really love and care about and for her away. She has stopped going to church again and that was the only place she had friends. Even her dr told her she needs to find some kind of hobby and she needs to see friends and invite friends to visit her. She refuses. When she is home she just wants to lay in bed and watch TV....that is the only time she feels good. Dr. told her not to lay in bed all day. If she wants to watch tv, sit in a chair in living room and stay out of bedroom as much as possible during the day. She won't listen to dr. at all. As far as I can tell from going to drs with her, there is nothing physically wrong with her that she should be in bed so much. She is upset with me for starting the yarn ministry at church on Wednesdays. I won't give that up. It's a great opportunity for me to get out once a week while hubby works and do something constructive with others who love yarn. I have plenty of crochet hooks and knitting needles that people from church have donated. I also have 2 good size boxes of yarn that were donated also. Pastor Joe said that he will be calling this Michele's Ministry but that he likes the name Yarnoholics - the 32 step program...for the group. I am praying I will be able to be a good role model and teacher for the people who come. Thank you, Susan for your encouragement. The gentleman from church who donated so much was wonderful today when I went to pick up his donations from his home. He is really very nice with a great sense of humor. He showed me his beautiful home. His wife's clothing is still hanging the closet just as they were the day she passed. He told me that he thinks now he can start boxing her things and that it's about time he donates them. Ok, I've blabbed on long enough now. Daughter called this afternoon and gave me a few good laughs which helps with the willies I have about Wed. night. Hope your hubby is doing well....and you too LOVE and PRAYERS and HUGS, Shelly

8. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean. I am hanging but my fingernails are breaking one by one LOL. I once told my daughter to hang in there and her response was "I will as long as nobody puts a rope around my neck". She thought it was so funny but I wasn't sure how to take it at first. But, that's how my daughter is....sense of humor like her dad LOL. Didn't sleep well last night knowing I had to go pick up needles and yarn today....was afraid I'd get lost (but I didn't). Tonight will be worry about tomorrow night so I'm counting on a good night's sleep Wednesday night so I have at least a little rest for the craft show on Saturday. I am thanking God for having his healing hands in the operating room last year when I had my second cervical spine surgery so that I am able to function and do all of these things. You, Jean, and other friends on CT have been so encouraging, how can I ever thank all of you enough? HUGS, Shelly

10. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly you will do fine with Wed. Group, most if not all are familiar to you? So think of them as a group of friends gathering for support and you will learn from them as they from you. Coffee, Tea now thats fun. Take a Spinner with one of the nights and maybe someone will love it as I have. Show how it works etc. Id love to be there?? I'll be there with God Holding my Hand over looking such a fine Craftaholics. It'll be interesting. How many are scheduled?? Glad for the Donations & the Gentleman has come a long way thanks for YOUR support, he is a special friend THANKS for your amazing Shelly. GOD BLESS Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Shelly, I know you will do well with the crochet group at the church. You are a great conversationalist and I'm sure you can teach them how to crochet! I hope you are getting some much needed sleep right now and that your craft show goes well also! Hugs
    Dinah

13. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had one person show up out of 8. I am thankful for the one Her name is Cindy and we had a very good time just the two of us. She used to knit years ago but got rid of all of her things. I gave her a skein of ruffle yarn, she picked out a pair of knitting needles and I showed her how to do the ruffled scarf. It's looking beautiful already and she and I had a very good time. She's excited about coming back! Next time if 2 people show up, that will double the attendance . Got one under my belt so to speak and am looking forward to more get togethers. Thanks for your prayers and support. What would I do with my buddies on CT? Tonight I will sleep like a log....I'm exhausted. I baked a lemon cake today. Tired myself out. Thanks Susan and Dinah . So thankful for the donations from John. Love you CT chicks. HUGS, Shelly

15. Likes N/A, DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will sleep like a log tonight. I am exhausted. I baked a lemon cake today. One lady showed up. Her name is Cindy and we had a very good time just the two of us. If 2 show up next time, attendance will be doubled! The cake looked so sad when I brought it home because it wasn't touched. So to make it happy, I had to have a piece along with a cup of tea. I'm hoping the craft show goes well. Thanks for your encouragement and prayers. You CT chicks are the best .....HUGS, Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley Im sorry I chuckeled a little 1 person and see you were so nervous etc. It happens that way some times. Glad you & she got along & Johns
    Donations & others was nice. Bless John. Get him in there?? Hook ?? him up with some one?? Im sipping a small glass of wine so Im silly 3oz hehe.
    Get some sleep & worry about MIL it may work with her ......all will be OK??? HUGS Susan Mj

18. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post