Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  32
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spent the day with mother in law today----I'm exhausted. Had to take her for bloodwork. Her meds are staying the same for at least another week. Thanks for the good thoughts HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

2. Likes N/A, DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly, oh my goodness I just saw this thread. Bless your heart for enduring the nightmare of a kidney stone!!! I've had too many kidney stones over the years to begin to count. I started getting them when I was 17, the last one was four years ago when I was 46. I had to have surgery for the last two in 2008 and 2009, one was 6 mm and the other 9 mm. I made my uro save them for me, not that I can do anything with them, except maybe make a pair of earrings lol. Not. I had one when I was five months pregnant with my first son. I was out-of-town convinced I was in early labor. It scared me to death.

When someone shows up in the ER in horrible severe pain the first thing they look at is the possibility of a kidney stone. The pain will put you on the floor in a heartbeat. The pain can be so awful you throw up, or just pass out from it. I've had two babies and I agree that yes! - Kidney stones hurt worse!!! When you're in labor you get a break from the pain in between the contractions. With a kidney stone attack, there is no break in the pain, even for just a few seconds. Plus, you don't even get a baby when it's all over. All you have is a tiny rock.

I had an IVP CT scan this past April, and was told that both of my kidneys are full of stones. I feel like I'm a walking time-bomb. Any little sharp pain and I freeze up, just waiting for that moment of knowing it's yet another rock that's broke free and is moving. Or worse, that it's stuck because it's too big to move down. Almost all the pain comes from when the stone leave the kidney and is traveling down that little tube to the bladder. That little tube is only 4 mm. Once it moves into my bladder almost all the pain dissipates.

There are so many theories on how to prevent more stones from forming. Some people say drinking cranberry juice helps. I think whatever the benefit from cranberries might be is very minuscule. One thing that definitely will help to prevent them is not drinking black tea. In the south, people drink sweet iced tea like it's water. Black tea is a huge no-no for those of us who are prone to making kidney stones!! I drink a lot of herb teas and I discovered that almost all of them have black tea listed as the main ingredient. I read every tea box to make sure there is no black tea in it.

I hope you never ever have to go through that ordeal again!!!

xoxo
    Shelley

4. Likes N/A, Kathy B., seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry that I have missed this post and as a nurse I was taught that kidney stones are the worst so do anything you can to not get them. I know drinking water is very important. You are in my prayers and I am delighted to have you as a member I really enjoy your posts. hugs

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will be just fine not ever having to go through that experience again. The first question my family dr. asked when I went to him after the ER visit was "Do you drink Turkey Hill Iced Tea?" I said no, I drink Turkey Hill Pomegranite Lemonade. He said that was ok. But, I told him I don't drink coffee, but I love tea and I make my own iced tea with decaffienated tea bags. I really enjoy a good cup of tea and a few years ago they were saying that black tea is so good for you that you should switch from coffee to black tea. Then everything was made with black tea. Now I make my own lemonade from real lemons. Don't want another kidney stone ever, never, not ever at all never no, not, no matter what, definately NO. I don't know how you made it though more than one attack. My daughter has had a few and the first one she had, she was pregnant with her second child and thought she was losing the baby. Becky is fine and always has been but daughter still can tell when stones are passing.....Geez, put a warning label on black tea stuff people LOL HUGS, Shelly

8. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW no Black tea i have a lot I AM TOSSING Thank you & others for this info. I am not getting stones ONLY out side ones like Patty Makes. Mine are just Halloween looking . I borrowed some from an empty lot hehehe and painted & desins for spooky kids.
    Shelley hope your behaving?? Hows the double spinners coming or havent you did them. You take care of U first?? HUGS Susan M J

10. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one sanded and ready to seal. Then I want to get the triple sanded and sealed so I can post pics of them on here. My plans have all been changed and I'm not getting anything done that I need to get done. Took mother in law to dr on Thursday, protine clinic on Friday, volunteered at church this morning handing out food to the needy, church tomorrow (2 of my granddaughter will be singing in the childrens choir during the service...I'm so excited), Monday mother in law has another dr appointment, Wednesday evening I start a yarn ministry at church and Saturday I am doing a craft show ( set up is Friday night from 6 - 8 pm). In between all of that I am trying to get more projects done for the craft show, get the knit n spins ready for pics and hoping to still be able to stand up straight when Saturday morning comes LOL. Some of the women that come for the food and breakfast (we serve a hot breakfast to anyone who comes) asked me a question about knitting the ruffle scarves. I answered their questions as best as I could last month and we decided they would bring their knitting stuff along this month and we would work on their questions. Well, the ladies I talked to last month went home and figured out what they were doing wrong and finished their projects. Now they want to meet at the church every other Wed at 6 pm for yarn project time. Pastor said we are going to call it Michele's Yarn Ministry. So I'll be busy trying to minister to yarn lovers. I pray that God will guide me in the new venture. I mentioned that on CT we call ourselves yarnoholics and he loved that name and thinks that's what it should be called "The Yarnoholics". Do you have any suggestions as to what we should call our group or do you think Yarnoholics is good? I am sure that anything involving the word "hookers" will be frowned upon LOL.
    LOVE and HUGS, Shelly

12. Likes N/A liked this post

West Jordan , utah which is by Salt Lake City
    Post Thanks / Like
    had them before 4 times.. hope you get better

Post Thanks / Like
    Once was more than enough for me. I'm really fine now but never want to go through that again. Everything passed on it's own and didn't need any operations or anything. So I am blessed. 4 times!!! I wonder if I would have anything besides crackers and water just so I wouldn't ever get them again. Thanks for your good words of encouragement, I truly appreciate your kind thoughts. ....HUGS, Shelly

15. Likes N/A liked this post

West Jordan , utah which is by Salt Lake City
    Post Thanks / Like
    too much milk the calcium made the stones.. more cranberry juice....

17. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone! I am having the worst time trying to keep up with all the posts. After I came home from my cataract surgery I had over 150 emails and at least half of them are from Facebook. I thought I had told this computer not to send me any Facebook emails but I keep getting them. Not that I don't want to read the Facebook ones but they are taking over my computer! I only get on Facebook once in a while because I like CrochetTalk better and don't have time for both! I got on long enough to tell everyone that I was doing fine after my cateract surgery. Now I still keep getting all those emails from Facebook. I am so frustrated from trying to read everything and answer all of them. Yesterday I decided I had had enough and just went through and deleted everything and started all over again! I can always go to the new posts and read all I need to read. I need to get back to my coat that I was working on a while back and finish it! And I need to get back to the squares for our 2014 exchange. I need to know how many I need to make. The last count I saw was about 15??? Can someone post the correct number for me? I do have my SS gift ready to mail out and will wait another 2 weeks to put it in the mail maybe if I can wait that long! My last eye surgery will be Oct 22nd. I wish it was today!! The eye drop thing really keeps me busy making sure I do all of them when I am supposed to do them! That's is probably the thing I don't like the most about the surgery. But this too shall pass....Well I have to get back to reading and deleting!!!!! Hope everyone is well or getting well and I am going to pray for everyone who needs prayer as soon as I get off here as I know a lot of people need it. Love you all, rehead/Patty

19. Likes N/A, seashells_Shelly liked this post