Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  41
Page 4 of 11 First ... 23456 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    My name is Pam Fouse and I'm 57. My husband died a year and a half ago. I have a wonderful daughter and a grand daughter and a grand son. Roan is 6 and Ezra is 3. I've had three back surgeries and am in the process (a long one) of recovering from a whiplash ( not a good thing with a neck fusion ). I love to crochet and I knit less well--I am really happy that crochet has developed into something I can really get my teeth into, design wise. Things have so much more shape than the scarf and afghans I always used to produce. My dream would be to make a wedding dress for Roan. Any way, that's me-- all of me hurting but with the cutest GRANDS in the world to me! I am looking forward to getting to know you all, You sound great...

2. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pam, I'm Dinah Roberts and I just turned 55. I have two kids and 3 grandchildren. A girl age 6 and 2 boys ages 4 and 4 months. They wanted to do surgery on my back but I wouldn't let them cut on me. It just didn't feel right to do that. I never really learned to knit..I can cast on and do one of the stitches but I'm not sure if it is the knit or the purl stitch, LOL!!! I do love to crochet too and have been making a few things for the grandkids. They live an 8 hour drive from me so I don't get to see them often though.

I hope your neck gets better soon...glad to have you here!!!! Hugs, Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pam, I am so sorry about your husband.
    I am 57, have been married 23 years, have a 29 year old son. And hopefully a soon to be DIL. Nothing has been sad formally,but I think she is the one. At least for me. LOL
    I tried to knit, but could not get the hang of the purl stitch. Crocheting is a much better fit for my hands.
    What kinds of things do you design? There is a place in the forums for pictures. And we all to love to look.
    See you around!
    Trudy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pam, please join us. I am Shirley, age 66, retired and have 2 granddaughters and 2 grandsons, 7,6,5,4. I live in Eastern WA. We have been married 43 years. I crochet baby blankets for Project Linus. I prefer crocheting to knitting any day. What are you working on now? We are planning to get together in Pikeville, TN in June 2014 and would love to have you join us if you can. Check the Forum for Hookers Mtg June 2014 for more info. Hugs, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Goodnight everyone.I would like to stay and chat,but my eyes are telling me no. Time to take the Kindle and head for bed. Harry and Kathy are watching "Hidalgo" so they will be a while yet. Tomorrow all! Have sweet dreams.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by puckfouse View Post
    My name is Pam Fouse and I'm 57. My husband died a year and a half ago. I have a wonderful daughter and a grand daughter and a grand son. Roan is 6 and Ezra is 3. I've had three back surgeries and am in the process (a long one) of recovering from a whiplash ( not a good thing with a neck fusion ). I love to crochet and I knit less well--I am really happy that crochet has developed into something I can really get my teeth into, design wise. Things have so much more shape than the scarf and afghans I always used to produce. My dream would be to make a wedding dress for Roan. Any way, that's me-- all of me hurting but with the cutest GRANDS in the world to me! I am looking forward to getting to know you all, You sound great...
    Good Morning Pam
    Nice to meet you....and since we are all telling how old we are..... I am 58! I am a mother of 3. One still home but a college Junior. One married and one still single but has his own place. I am a dance teacher, mostly ballet, (as you can tell from my gravatar) but I am also a grandma of 3 under the age of 6. I don't get to see them as much as I like since they live 6 hours from me. Crochet is a relaxing time. While you crochet... it sort of takes you away from the world and sets you in a place of concentration away from everything but the task before you.
    Hope to see you here often
    Last edited by Teri; 09-14-2013 at 03:38 AM.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Good Morning Everyone!

I feel like I haven't been here all week! Such a busy week...all new classes at the dance school and trying to prepare lesson plans for them. But now everything is all set. I am also working today, which is unusual for me, because I like my Saturdays off. But....some of the dancers joined the girls high school soccer team and they have practice everyday after school which is their tap time. So during Soccer season I have to teach them on Saturday mornings. I also started (to make my Saturdays worth the time there) a beginner adult tap class. Only a 6 week course so they can get their feet wet so to speak, and maybe they will want to continue! Great cardio and just plain fun! So off to work I go today too.....a 9 am class will begin the day.

I began my oldest daughter's Christmas present a lacy cardigan, last weekend and haven't picked it up since. I posted the link here a while back as to what it looks like. I have also been collecting cute amigurumi patterns for Christmas gifts for the grandkids. I found an adorable beaver, and a fox on Amigurumi Freely on Facebook. I will begin those too and jump back and forth from the cardigan to the toys...

Well got to feed the geese and ducks and chicken before I get ready for work....
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Sunday everyone. We finally got some much needed rain last night. It is supposed to rain all day today too. Whawho! All the curtains are up and wonderful. I will take some pictures today and get them posted. My son is home for the weekend, to visit with Kathy and us. He will drive her into the city and to the airport on Monday. Peace will then return to the house. I am still working on the 2 bags. I must be a really slow crocheter. Enjoys your day and blessings to you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trudy: Or have had a few other things to do!!!! Love, Shirley

11. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So Here I am sitting here trying to stay awake. My eyes keep closing, and my head starts nodding. I have a crochet hook in my hand and a the bag in the other. I must look a sight. They are taking apart my dryer to find out why it makes this LOUD noise each tie I use it. I doubt I will be dosing then. I took a walk around outside this morning maybe I need another one. The neighbor will be down in a little bit to visit with William and Kathy. I should be awake for that. LOL. I want cookies!