Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  38
Page 6 of 11 First ... 45678 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Morning all! It's so refreshing every time I pop in and check out what's happening here. It never ceases to amaze me the great ideas everyone has! I've started working on some little under the sea creatures for a charity at a children's hospital. Whatever everyone sends in will go into a display, and once the contest is over all the little crochet sea creatures will be distributed to the children. I'm super excited about it. LOVE crocheting things for the kids. My grandkids and anyone elses. They just love homemade goodies and really appreciate them. Wish me luck! I've picked out about 4 patterns. Hope everyone has a blessed day!

2. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Ladies...

I woke up at 5:30 this morning, made my coffee and got myself comfortable with my "111 Classical Piano Pieces" playing on my computer that I bought from Amazon.com for 99 cents. I am ready for the day....

Trying to think on what project to start next. I found an adorable amigurumi scarecrow or maybe I should begin the sweater I planned for my oldest daughter for Christmas. Hmmmm....the sweater is going to take lots of thinking and concentrating and the scarecrow looks like fun....

In any case I have to finish cleaning out our shed up at our land that sold. The closing is Thursday. An Amish family bought it. It is amazing what we where storing there! Photo albums...clothes ....toys that belonged to our 30 year old son plus his dance costumes from when he was small and a dance bag of all his old tap shoes!

Originally it was a goat barn and we were supposed to build on the land. But the farm in New Jersey never sold and we could not afford to build there. We did not want a mortgage. So we had to bring the goats to our back yard where we currently live (which was to be temporary 7 years ago and is 5 miles away) and used the little barn for storage. It had become too difficult to care for the goats twice a day in winter so far away. And it is on top of a mountain very difficult to get up there in snow.

What is left there is empty cardboard boxes, and old computer parts, monitors and keyboards that belonged to my husband for his print shop and should have thrown away in New Jersey! I do have up there my grandmother's dishes that my aunt tells me were from the early 1930s. My aunt gave them to me just this past year and I want to treasure them...They are beautiful!

Well everyone have a nice Sunday!
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyspaniels View Post
    I've started working on some little under the sea creatures for a charity at a children's hospital. Whatever everyone sends in will go into a display, and once the contest is over all the little crochet sea creatures will be distributed to the children. I'm super excited about it. LOVE crocheting things for the kids. My grandkids and anyone elses. They just love homemade goodies and really appreciate them. Wish me luck! I've picked out about 4 patterns. Hope everyone has a blessed day!
    I saw something like this somewhere and I thought it was such a wonderful idea! Where? Was it the Crochetcrowd! Sounds like such fun...
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning all! It feels cool this morning, I think it stormed last night. That should have changed the dew point to a more livable degree. One of the cats is having a fit, because the other one is ignoring her, and she is not happy about it. She wants to play. LOL I wrote lay instead of play. OOPS! More of the same today. I did find the bed in the little bedroom yesterday. Today I will strip it and get it remade.. I can't wait to be finished in there.
    Enjoy your day, in whatever you do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Teri: Sounds like a bit of a job but not too bad! Glad the closing is coming up soon. Tom's dad's theory was if you haven't needed what is in the boxes for 2 years, you don't need it now!!!! Good luck and hopefully it won't be too warm! Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dear Ladies! I hope that everyone of you is having a wonderful day! It is a beautiful day here.

Ladyspaniels, blessings in your endeavor of making sea creatures for the contest. The children will love yours of course!

Teri, if only I were close enough to help you, I'm a team worker and enjoy working on cleanup projects with others! The job becomes fun and time goes quickly with the back and forth chit-chat.

Shirley, I read in an article that items that haven't been used in a year should be given away. Two sounds even better for some things!

I am in the planning stage of decorating our home for fall. I would really love to crochet a white pumpkin to add to my collection of commercially bought orange pumpkins. White pumpkins just may be the start of a new collection! Do any of you decorate your home for the fall or seasonally?
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 09-01-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bev: I have a few different sized plastic pumpkins and some lights that I put out on the front. I also have some spider lights for the railing on the porch. A few homes around here seem to decorate for all seasons but usually I just do fall/Halloween and Christmas. Last year since we were home for Christmas Tom put white lights around the edge of the yard and up the driveway. I really would like to do something more for the dining table this fall! Must get to thinking about it!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Shirley, I love to interior decorate so it's Fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Winter, Valentine's Day, Spring, Easter and Summer decorating in our household. I love the visual changes and textures that decorating affords. It really changes the atmosphere! I love to change my door wreaths too! What colors are you planning to use for your table?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bev: I honestly have no idea right now! I saw a burnt orange sort of filet tablecloth at Joann's. It has fall leaves on it and I was thinking it would probably work into Thanksgiving too. I have a candle holder with about 12 small votive candles on it. It sort of forms an elongated S and thought I could put a bit of decoration worked through the candle holder. I need someone to glam it up for me HAHA. No not really, cuz my house is homey and not glamorous!

Have you ever used other than traditional red and green for your Christmas tree? I see the purple/white/gold or silver trees and have thought they look so pretty but I always end up with red and green! There again it would probably look so out of place!

Have a good day Bev. I need to poke around Michaels or on the internet and get some ideas!!! Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a blog that I read, and she has a tree for each holiday of the year. She decorates it I would guess every 6 weeks. It is about a 6 foot tree. I am doing good to get a 12 inch tree up at Christmas let alone a 6 footer many times a year.
    Shirley, I think if you go to Jo-Ann's or Micheal's you will find bags of leaves that you could like scatter around your candle holder, and maybe switch out the votives for amber or reddish ones for the Fall/Thanksgiving.
    Not only should things that haven't been used in like 6 months,but when you do go through the box (as you know we all must) the you have to use the 3 second rule. Three seconds to decide keep, throw, donate. If unsure it's is out.