Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  62
Page 3 of 11 First 12345 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    That baby blanket sounds heavenly. What a blessed baby to receive it!

Never heard the saying!lol Meals are important to us...all 3 of them! Thanks!

Yes, I remember those early risings to prep for work. I'm so glad to be retired! and more

She sounds absolutely adorable! Maybe she wanted to go shopping with that check after she cashed it!lol I can see that chase now!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Annette: Today through Fri Tom has meetings in town so we get to sleep a bit longer, 5:30 AM. Have to get Lola up by 6 A M before sprinklers come on so she can do her thing. Usually Sat and Sun we eat late breakfast and have a snack in the afternoon before I start to think about dinner. I know some who have a big meal at lunch time (dinner) and then supper in the PM. In and out burger sounds delish!!!!! So glad, Bev and Annette, that you are not stressing over meals. Shirley

4. Likes Butterflyrose, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today I mopped the kitchen, breakfast area and our master bathroom. Since we are no longer using maid service, it was a BIG JOB for me. I had forgotten what it felt like to mop. Wheeeeeeee, now I will relax for a while!

6. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflyrose View Post
    Today I mopped the kitchen, breakfast area and our master bathroom. Since we are no longer using maid service, it was a BIG JOB for me. I had forgotten what it felt like to mop. Wheeeeeeee, now I will relax for a while!
    Yep, that sounds like a big job for sure. My kitchen/informal dining area is light oak laminate and is pretty forgiving about looking okay even if I haven't mopped it lately. I try to make do between mopping by wiping up spills when they happen. And when my grandchildren visit, that's a lot of wiping, lol.

Also, my hubby has a tendency to carry his coffee at "half-mast", so I usually have a coffee spill or two every day.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
    Yep, that sounds like a big job for sure. My kitchen/informal dining area is light oak laminate and is pretty forgiving about looking okay even if I haven't mopped it lately. I try to make do between mopping by wiping up spills when they happen. And when my grandchildren visit, that's a lot of wiping, lol.

Also, my hubby has a tendency to carry his coffee at "half-mast", so I usually have a coffee spill or two every day.
    We have cherry wood laminate flooring in our family room and hallway. What do you use to mop the flooring? I use a Swiffer dry mop to wipe up spills and sweep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflyrose View Post
    We have cherry wood laminate flooring in our family room and hallway. What do you use to mop the flooring? I use a Swiffer dry mop to wipe up spills and sweep.
    I've had the best luck with just plain warm water and a regular sponge mop. All of the cleansers seem to leave a residue. One of my daughter's kids has allergies, and she has always been anti-chemical cleaning. We are just not as "dirty" as those folks who market cleansers want us to think we are. My floor looks and feels clean just using warm water.

I understand everyone is different, and there are probably those who are appalled at the idea of just using water. Live and let live, I say, and we all should do what we feel is best for us.

Along this same line, I use a lot of the micro-fiber cleaning cloths with just water also, to clean many things.
    Annette

Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Annette! Our flooring, exact same kind, we had reinstalled about 2 months ago after an air conditioning/ceiling mishap. We'd had the other flooring less than 2 years.

11. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Annette and Bev: I use the Swiffer dust cloths too and they work great (unscented). If I know the grandkids are coming over, I wait to mop the floors!!!! I use the Shark vacuum with just plain water and the steam and it works very well. When we lived in Seattle, I used the Swiffer wet cleaner but the dog we had at that time licked the floor and then got sick so I quit using that (like the soap was not agreeing with her, duh?!). Shirley

13. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    Annette and Bev: I use the Swiffer dust cloths too and they work great (unscented). If I know the grandkids are coming over, I wait to mop the floors!!!! I use the Shark vacuum with just plain water and the steam and it works very well. When we lived in Seattle, I used the Swiffer wet cleaner but the dog we had at that time licked the floor and then got sick so I quit using that (like the soap was not agreeing with her, duh?!). Shirley
    That's why I tend to stay away from chemical cleaners. I have a little poodle that never met anything she didn't try to eat, and my toddler grandkids can be just as bad. I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of "super clean" for a healthy and non-harmful home for children and pets.
    Annette

Dalai Lama

15. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    you can add vinegar to your cleaning water .... it's antibacterial and isn't harmful either

17. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post