Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  62
Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    With no more kids at home, I am less stressed out about how the place looks. My one concession is my bedroom. After years so having whatever, I am redecorating. One piece at a time. I also make lists and check it off when I am finished the task. I just seem to work better that way. I crochet, read and do plastic canvas for hobbies and have three cats for company.

2. Likes Magnolia Blossom, buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wabashwoman: I am glad you are able to redecorate your bedroom. It is nice to take care of yourself!. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WabashWoman View Post
    With no more kids at home, I am less stressed out about how the place looks. My one concession is my bedroom. After years so having whatever, I am redecorating. One piece at a time. I also make lists and check it off when I am finished the task. I just seem to work better that way. I crochet, read and do plastic canvas for hobbies and have three cats for company.
    Good for you, to re-do your bedroom. The comforter set on my bed has certainly seen its expiration date! We lounge on top of the bed to watch TV, and it has had a lot of use!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Our Lola is on our bed so we make her comfortable! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    WabashWoman, have fun decorating your bedroom! What colors and theme are you using? I love to decorate our home and enjoy discussing interior decorating with others.

Oh yes, Sunday I also cooked chicken with mushroom soup in the crockpot. Yesterday, I cooked rice as an addition: chicken with mushroom soup on a bed of rice. My hubby loved it for his dinner today! I ate Taco Bueno!

Doing laundry in the wee hours of morning! The still quietness is wonderful!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

7. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love chicken with mushroom soup in the crockpot. One time I tried to just put the rice in too but it makes the rice overcooked and it was not that good! I saw a recipe yesterday that you wrap the chicken pieces in a croissant and bake. I will try to check the recipe closer as it sounded good and easy! Love, Shirley

9. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lili, my spare bedroom seems to be Oliver the cat's domain. He seems to dislike the comforter on my bed, he prefers the crocheted bedspread I made for that room. Riley, my black and white cat sleeps under the bed for his own reasons. Riley has issues and prefers to be alone. Jenni prefers the foot stool by my chair where she can keep an eye on me.

11. Likes Magnolia Blossom, buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Each with their own personality and issues!!!!! How funny! Lola is the same way. She even knows when it is time for cheese/crackers and wine on the weekend!!! Hugs, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Shirley, once you try that chicken wrap, let me know how it turns out!

Today hubby and I prepared breakfast: pancakes and eggs for him, tuna sandwich, chips and dill pickle for me. I did some gardening in the heat. Of course, I had on my very large gardening hat! Later, I prepared lunch for hubby and myself: grilled tilapia(frozen), summer blend veggies(frozen) and ice cream sundaes from Braum's(hubby) and In-N-Out Burger(mine).

Later, crochet time and reading coming up! Also, planning dinner!

What's happening in your life as a homemaker?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflyrose View Post
    Shirley, once you try that chicken wrap, let me know how it turns out!

Today hubby and I prepared breakfast: pancakes and eggs for him, tuna sandwich, chips and dill pickle for me. I did some gardening in the heat. Of course, I had on my very large gardening hat! Later, I prepared lunch for hubby and myself: grilled tilapia(frozen), summer blend veggies(frozen) and ice cream sundaes from Braum's(hubby) and In-N-Out Burger(mine).

Later, crochet time and reading coming up! Also, planning dinner!

What's happening in your life as a homemaker?
    Just finished a baby blanket for a friend of my niece who just had a baby boy. I'm washing it with liquid fabric softener right now - makes it really soft and snuggly. I used to just give a blanket when it was finished, until I found out how soft they are when washed. Now I wash afghans and blankets before they go to the recipient.

In other news, lol, have you guys heard that saying for when your hubby retires? "For better or worse, but not for lunch." I'm impressed with your lunch menu, Butterfly.

Our solution to lunch these days is to almost sleep through it! We have both become such night owls, reading and watching TV until the wee hours. We sleep in and get up late, which I dearly love, after all those early mornings when I worked. So, I usually do a late breakfast, just something simple. Then a snack in late aftenoon, and I usually make a nice dinner. It works for us these days.

I'm thinking (not very hard) about vacuuming up all the tiny bits of paper that our toy poodle loves to strew around. She is a real paper-hound and will chew up any paper she can get her little mouth on. Yesterday, she jumped up and grabbed a check off the kitchen table that we were ready to take to the bank to deposit. I had quite a chase to get it before she shredded it!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

15. Likes Butterflyrose, Magnolia Blossom liked this post