Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

What were you doing 50 years ago?

It has been 50 years since JFK was shot. 50 years. It does not seem possible. I was a sophomore in high school and we were in the auditorium having an assembly about wild animals and they announced the news. The thing I remember the most was I had worn by mother's Camp Fire ring to school that day and it dropped on the floor in the auditorium. I never found it and felt really bad about that. Strange what we remember. Shirley

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    50 yrs ago WOW ?? I know I was watching T.V with my son (3 yrs ) and news FLASH came on about the horrifing shooting. I sat and cried. Getting ready to move to where I live now . Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan: We probably won't ever forget that day, just like 9/11. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh God NO Hubby and I were watching the NEWS and FLASH EMERGENCY came and it was un-speakable.......God Where we
    sorry It how I felt thenre YOU?

Post Thanks / Like
    I had just moved to Houston TX from Oklahoma with my 1-year old son. I was fleeing an abusive marriage and left everything in Oklahoma, even my car. My baby and I traveled there on a Greyhound bus. I was in a taxicab on my way to see about a job when it came on the radio. The cab driver pulled over to the curb and we listened to the news in shock and sadness.

PS I got the job, but eventually came back to Oklahoma and met the love of my life and married him. We've been together for 48 years!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im so glad you and son were OK you have a tough hide my dear..to do that is so brave and the love you have for your child. Met and married 48 yrs WONDERFUL. GOD BLESS YOU ! That was a horrible Day..we wont forget as you wont on your Right Move & NEW Husband

9. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M J View Post
    Im so glad you and son were OK you have a tough hide my dear..to do that is so brave and the love you have for your child. Met and married 48 yrs WONDERFUL. GOD BLESS YOU ! That was a horrible Day..we wont forget as you wont on your Right Move & NEW Husband
    Thank you, Susan. Yes, it was a tough time in my young life. I was barely 21, but knew that I had to actually "disappear" to get away from that awful situation. I had tried to leave him a couple of times, but he always found me. He would come to my job and wait in the parking lot to threaten me. I knew that I needed to go to another city. I didn't even tell my family where I was headed, because I was afraid he would get them to tell. I was gone in Texas for a year, and he found someone else to mistreat in the meantime. I had filed for divorce before I left, and he was married to someone else when I returned, and left me and my son alone.

After I married my sweet husband that I still have now, we were able to terminate my ex's parental rights, and my husband legally adopted my son. My hubby already had 3 children, plus my son, so we started our married life with 4 kids. When my husband was 50 years old, we had our baby together, a daughter, who has been a joy since she was born. Now we have 5 grown kids, 18 grandkids, and 4 greats. Life is good.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

11. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Pam, I am so glad you have a wonderful relationship with him and I am glad that they have embraced you into the family. You are fortunate to be able to talk to him and communicate because you were both married many years, with all kinds of memories. And they don't go away! It becomes part of what you and he have together. Bless your heart. I am so happy for you. Shirley

13. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Annette Im never surprised at what a horrible life a person goes thru, Your a strong person to do what you had to do. Be
    proud of YOU and glad for a Wonderful Family 5 kids, 18 grandkids 4 Great WOW eeeeeeee. God Bless your Husband. Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    I was not born yet. But I know what my mom was doing she was waitress and was cleaning off a table when they got the news and she dropped the dishes on the floor
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64