Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem with questions but you have thought about this more than I have. I have a record of the money now and in the future. I didn't think $7 was hugh but not a money expert. I can cancel the account and look for a better deal but I know you are aware that I am going thru a bad patch right now. Maybe you need to volunteer to be in chair of the financial aide. I'll talk with the others and address your concerns. The funds are so small now that I just didn't understand how much everyone would be concerned about the accounting. Sorry but I am and will be accountable for all the monies. I have received cash donations but I haven't even counted it since I don't go to town frequently but I will be more careful to count and deposit it and let everyone know how much was donated it was a few dollars and some loose change and I am truly sorry but I was naïve about the fact that everyone would be concerned about the funds. Lesson learned and I will do a spread sheet and post it on here for everyone as soon as I am able. I do not have a problem with questions and I will tighten the accounting at this point. I am truly an honest person and I would never misuse our funds. I opened the account to be careful to not mingle the funds with mine. Of course I have no idea what WE WILL MAKE FOR THE YARD SALE BUT I WILL LET YOU KNOW AS SOON AS I HAVE A NUMBER, SORRY ABOUT CAPS ONLY BEEN HOME FOR AN HOUR OR SO AND STILL MEDICATED. IF THIS message makes no sense then blame on the meds and I'll try to do better later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, how did the surgery go? I was not expecting you to be the only one to have any answers, I know that you have a lot going on. I thought that other members knew all the details and could answer while you were taking care of yourself. I hope you get full sight back.... I have been praying for you as I have mentioned in other threads. Keep us updated on your health, we are all concerned.-Janine

3. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have discussed the funds with several but not in depth and that is my fault as I said there is so little money I just didn't think it mattered as much as maybe it should have. I'll be a lot more careful in the future. I'll know more tomorrow After seeing dr and will post then. I'm serious about you taking charge of the financial aid so think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, thank you for the offer of financial aid chair, but really I have too much going on in my life right now, and would not be able to give the attention to the position that is necessary. I still am not sure if I will be making the meeting at this point. I do want to, but not sure if I will be able. I know that you had requested suggestions from members. Suggestions that would save money, and if there is only $30 dollars in the account, it just seems that 7 of that going into fees each month is high. If you multiply that by a year, that is $84. That could be used to help someone who would not be able to make it to the meeting actually be able to be there.
    I think it is wonderful that you and your sister are offering your homes up for members to stay there. And on top of that giving a dinner for all who attend. That is extremely generous of the 2 of you. That will definitely save members a lot of expenses.
    I just thought that it would help the morale of the members going to the meeting to see a financial goal made, and be able to see the funds growing to the point of meeting the goal. I have seen it done that way before and it helps people have/get incentive to push a little harder to reach the set goal. This information enables members and encourages individuals to think of suggestions of other ways to make funds grow. I am not trying to be a thorn, I just thought that it would be helpful for others to see what funds are needed, what funds there are, where they have come from, and where they are going. The more knowledge that is out there for everyone, the more everyone can pull together to make this a huge fun fulfilling meeting for all. I am sure that with all you have going on with your eye sight right now it will take time to get this organized. I do wish you well and pray for full sight to return to you. You mentioned that you discussed the funds with several other ir persons, maybe they can help move this forward with/for you while you are recouping a bit. -janine

6. Likes justplainjudy, rosieh20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You are right that anything to be done will have to wait a little while but I will pm the committee members soon as I can and we will come up with a plan. I will pay the $7 monthly fee for the convenience to me. I like the idea of a goal so we'll talk about that. We also need a couple of new chairs due to resignations. We need someone to chair the classes on Saturday and the goodie bags. Please volunteer even if you aren't going you can organize from home. Also any new people we would love to have you chair a position. Janine you are not a thorn but you know all the questions to ask and would have been a real asset.

8. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that it is great of you to pick up the $7 per month, since it is a convenience for you, but if you don't want to incur that fee, you should contemplate just keeping the cash in your house in a small cash box. That could save you a bit. I have used cash to pay for all sorts of items for my business, and as long as I have the receipts... no problem. As far as any accounting is concerned, as long as there is/has been records kept of where all funds have come from, it would be easy to just put that information into a computer file for all to be made aware of status.
    What about having a new category made here in ct including a thread of accounting, a thread of financial aid, a thread of fund raising and even a thread for ideas of improvements and suggestions of all sorts. There could be a thread of goals and the status of those goals updated weekly. Heck, there could even be a thread of information of the discussions that the chairs have. This would keep everyone who is interested in all of this completely updated. If all if this is open to all members of ct, all members new and old alike could update themselves at their convenience and questions and concerns would be handled with ease. Just daydreaming and coming up with suggestions to make life a bit smoother for the chairs.
    I really do not have the time to volunteer for any other projects in my life right now, but I do have an active mind and if I think up suggestions.... I hope they will be at least entertained and thought seriously about. Again, I do not wish to be that thorn that everyone wants to pick off and throw away. I know I can sometimes be a pain in the butt. -janine
    Last edited by imj9scrochetj9; 07-10-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: used the term forum when i intended to use the word category

10. Likes justplainjudy, rosieh20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now I am kinda overwhelmed with this eye thing but I thought putting the money in the bank would cause the least concern since I was not keeping it on me. The idea of those threads sounds like a lot of threads that would have to be continuously kept going. How about going to the group and starting messages on each of the subjects you mentioned. Everyone can see them and they don't go away all the time. Then all we would have to do is to keep mentioning the group. To be honest I'm not up to a lot of thinking on this. I have to get better and also I have to price everything for the sale and get everything organized and all of that is my priority now.

12. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Faye, I guess I overwhelmed you with my suggestions... I just thought that you were looking for suggestions, and had wanted to have things running as smoothly as possible. I won't bring anything up any more. If you want anything brought up that I have mentioned you are free to cut and paste my ideas to your fellow chair persons that are involved. I wish you a complete recovery with your vision, prayers will continue for you. - janine

14. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Janine, if I said something that led you to believe I was not open to your suggestions then I have said something that I did not intend. I am just trying to keep my head above water. I had hoped that you would go to the group and post the topics you mentioned. You will word them better than me. I probably shouldn't say anything because I am having trouble with wording things in the right way. I do want your suggestions and I thought I was giving you a better area for posting the things you mentioned. I think I will stop posting for a few days so that I don't say anything wrong. I need every friend I have and I am doing something wrong.

16. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    don't forget Faye you have me and Pugsley (not sure if he is coming yet).

18. Likes justplainjudy liked this post