Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  39
Page 3 of 12 First 12345 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello dear friends! It s morning and coffee calls me. I hope I will not rip today. It becomes a habit LOL == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

2. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    Bev: Thanks for the kind words. I am not a yeller like the parents are! They just do not have respect! I have tried the soft whispering, I have tried time out, I have tried positive reinforcement thanking them for any thing they do and lots of hugs! I have asked them to help with little chores and thanked them. It has to come from home too, right? I so admire you for teaching for that many years. My education was Home EC w/2nd in early childhood ed. I taught high school one year before I got married and hubby went to grad school and the Army. Just listening is what I needed. Thanks! Hope you day is going well. Shirley
    Oh Lili
    I sure know what you are going through, although my grandkids listen to me. I have a deep voice and a New Jersey accent and I believe it scares them. At dancing school I sometimes have a problem with the younger dancers (ages 3-6) being afraid of me. I am a very strict ballet teacher and it is good for the older classes because it keeps them in line but for the younger ones I sometimes scare them and don't mean to.

I have come across some 5 & 6 year olds that are down right defiant and will test me. But at first slip up from them they wind up in time out facing the wall while the others are dancing. Usually they wind up crying and I have to give them a hug, but it never happens again. By the time they are teenagers they know I mean business. But I do have cases that I just wind up asking them to please leave the room.
    I know these children are not my own, and I will be tested when the grandkids come up, no child is totally perfect. So don't give up on the discipline with them and just "keep to your guns" so to speak".
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Larisa

I have my coffee too : ) Today is a national holiday called Independence Day. It is the birthday of our country. Cooking outside on the barbecue and having picnics are the normal thing to do on this day. There are sometimes parades and at night fireworks.

For me cooking on the barbecue does not involve meat since I am vegetarian and cook vegetables that are marinated on the grill like eggplant and zucchini and mushrooms. I also make burgers and steaks out of wheat and I grill them with barbecue sauce. Today I am marinating tofu and will be grilling that too. We have a fun time outside all day!

But now I am looking out the window and I see clouds.....again! There is much to much rain here and all the rivers and streams have crested and there is flooding in some areas....I guess I better check the weather before I plan too much!
    Have a wonderful day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Teri: Happy 4th of July! You have a lot of experience with little ones and getting them to listen. I just don't remember my kids being this defiant. However, the teachers say she is wonderful at school and is one of the only ones to listen and do her work as she is asked! Hopefully her brother will be that way too in Kindergarten this fall. Sometimes I count to three; their mother said make them run laps around the yard if they don't mind and they say we don't have to grammie!!! I am way to easy on them but can't yell, hit or swat all day. I hope you do well with your grandkids the next two weeks. Shirley

PS: Hopefully the rain will stay away a bit. We are to get 45 MPH winds tonight until 10 PM. Not so good for fireworks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lili
    I will tell you though, I began teaching dance, well student teaching, when I was 17, in 1972, and I have come to find that through the years the kids get more and more defiant. I can't put my finger on it as to why. Maybe they have more to occupy them selves with these days, I don't know. But we will see how I do when my grand kids get here LOL.
    We did get some sun today but there is a threat of thunderstorms tonight with strong winds as well. My husband, Micaelina and I had a BBQ in the yard inside our new screen house and Mic put her feet in the little pool that we bought for the grandkids! She enjoyed that while she read Harry Potter :-) Now we are "crashing" in the living room as the sky is darkening with storm clouds. It was a nice day all in all but of course all the food preparation was my job :-)
    Last edited by Teri; 07-04-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! It s Friday here! I am so happy. I love Friday evening. It s hot here again and ear is closed... nothing new == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa..it is friday morning here..at 4 41 am..lol I am up and haven't yet slept...too hot ..and I need to do things so I stayed up. I am going to work on some pot holders now I want to get out to Faye by Monday ..other than that I probably will sleep for a few hours..I want to make some blueberry pancakes though when I wake up..or blueberry muffins..I am in a blueberry mood..lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Everyone
    It is 6:30 am here and I am sitting with my coffee. ; ) I was up at 3 and tried going back to sleep but that didn't work, so I got up and 4 and put on a DVD of the tv show F*R*I*E*N*D*S ...I love that show. I was a sleep in less than 10 minutes! I just woke up about 6 and made my coffee.
    Busy day today...gotta get the house ready for a 6 year old a 3 year old and a 9 month old (well the 9 month old will only be here for the weekend with his parents) and of course grocery shopping! Looks like a sunny day here for a change....already got clothes in the machine. I hang my clothes outside, I don't use a dryer. Not fun in the winter since our winters here are very cold. But summer is easy .....unless it is raining!

Post Thanks / Like
    Teri: I stocked up on things like yogurt, peaches and tangerines in the little cups, jello, popsicles, fruit snacks, milk, juice, cereal etc. My two start eating the minute they walk in the door and don't stop all day. On Tues we had to get more snacks! You will have a houseful. I was feeling pretty bad about being so tired and my sil just told me that after she has her granddaughter for 2 hours she is exhausted and she is 8!

Sounds like you had a nice dinner and restful evening. Hubby cooked nice steaks on the grill and we "watched" the Capitol Fourth. I crocheted and he slept!!!

Take care and rest up today!!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Teri: Thought of something else. Hannah's teacher this past year was telling some of us moms/grandmas at the end of the year picnic that the kids simply do not pay attention, are defiant and misbehave all the time and she was feeling like there was something wrong with her teaching. She is going to teach 4th grade this next year instead of 1st and is hoping she can make a difference there. I think there is a lack of respect for "their elders". This week one night Matthew's mom washed his mouth out with soap three times for the bad words!!!! Shirley