Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Rain, rain go away!

It has rained almost every day for a week here. It poured several times yesterday and with so much thunder and lightening!!! We had about 3 1/2 inches or more all day yesterday and it's flooding everywhere around here. Sullivan, Indiana (about 30 miles south of us, is now declared a "state of emergency" area. I know it really rained hard and we had a tornado warning out for a while . It rained all night after the 3 1/2 inches was reported. It is the most rain we have had in a short period of time since the flood we had in 2008 here in Terre Haute. I remember that morning when I woke up at my friends house with their street under water up to the car hub-caps. That is the only flood I remember in my life close to home. Anyway it is sun shiny right now but I don't know for how long. XOXOXOXO, Patty/redhead

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been in the same kind of weather all week. Just between storms most of the time. Thanks goodness there hasn't been any severe weather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty and Faye: We have had the same rain, wind, little breaks and then more rain. Today it is to be 87 and from then on in the triple digits. Would much rather have 70's than 100's. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    good crocheting weather...winks optimist

Post Thanks / Like
    Over here on the East Coast of Oz we have been experiencing much the same - recd 100ml/4" overnight. BUT be careful what you wish for, better too much wet than drought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Red head, Would you mention in your prayers for the rain to go away and come south? We are in draught conditions here in central Texas. The deer are dropping their babies everywhere and they need water. My plants are on the porch so I can water them ,but the grass and plants over beyond the fence where the deer are is showing the lack of water.
    I use a plant stand across the walk way to keep the deer off the porch and we had moved it to take the dog out and didn't put it back. I walked out to do something and there was a deer and her baby standing there having dinner on the Swedish ivy that I have been trying to get going enough that I can hang it. It will grow again but not as nice as I would like right now.
    Sure would like some of that rain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty, Sorry you are having so much rain. Wish you could send some to Texas. We are in drought conditions with 100+ degree temperatures (hit 108 in San Antonio yesterday). Everything is fried. I've given up trying to grow anything this year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Everyone
    Seems like most of the country is experiencing the same weather!! Here in the Central NY. mountains...western Catskills we have lots of flooding. The corn is growing so quickly because of all the rain! The rivers and streams have crested and are rushing. There have been road closings on and off and guess what ....it is still raining. Anyone building an ark yet? LOL
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to send a little over my way, I'll take it. While we had a very (near record breaking) wet early part of June, it has been dry lately and frankly, if it would make the humidity go away, I would be happy.

And for those of you who are experiencing 100 plus degrees, please be careful.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we got some of your prayers. It rained enough to wet the sidewalk. But we need a lot more. I think we have a little baby deer on our side of the fence and Mama is on the other side. For awhile the baby was in my area of yard yesterday and today it is the yard on the other side of my quad place. One of the Mamas that is on the other side of the fence has a pair of fawns and they are so cute, they chase each other and play while Mama is getting a drink. We sure need some of that rain.
    Margaret.

11. Likes dragondrummer, Teri liked this post