Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    My life is always in a flux. I have two puppies that make me laugh and keep me company. I lost my alimony in September and my income was cut in half so I am having a hard time getting by and I haven't had a man in my life in over 5 years and I'm not sure I want one. lol I have had knee surgery on my right knee 3 times in a little over a year and I have decided that I will live with the pain and forget trying to get it to work properly. So I have gone from living in a big city with friends to living in the boonies and having no friends (except my CT friends).
    ...and you still are a blessing to others thru it all! An amazing woman you are! God bless you.(((Hugs)))~Beverly~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I'm learning to Relax and Rest more, for there is always tomorrow! If God says so!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I retired a few years ago after being in Search & Rescue for 44 years. Had an antique & craft business the family
    ran when I had to be away. Miss being with the people that worked with me in rescue but have more free time to
    spend with son, GC, and GGC. Learned to crochet, knit, and quilt at a young age. Don't quilt anymore but do crochet
    most everyday and knit now and then. Injuries come with the type of job I held and arthritis is saying hello in a big way
    in knees and shoulders. Replacements in near future but no complaints. Love life, family, and my many hobbies.
    Thank you for asking.

Jewels

4. Likes Carynjoyb, Butterflyrose, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like we have all had our own crosses doesn't it. Or maybe it's just life jumping up and slapping us in the face trying to keep us down, buttttt, we are all strong ladies who just won't allow that to happen!

In 2006 I had breast cancer surgery then, had a lump removed then two years of treatments.....that wasn't much fun.

Then I retired because I got sick every time I got around other people, so I had to go into hiding for a couple years until my resistance got better (thankfully)

In 2008 I lost my best friend of 35 years, then 11 days later my father passed away very unexpectedly.

I am stuck home most days, my daughter and her three kids live with us, so there is always someone here to talk to at least. Glad to have them here and safe after she got mixed up with an abusive man for 5 yrs. The Mama Bear in me had trouble dealing with that situation, thankfully she finally had her fill and kicked him to the curb.

My husband is younger than I am and still working for a few more years anyway. I worry about him all the time because he works nearly 80 hrs. per week. Tough getting back on our feet after the medical bills you know. But it's looking better and better.

Now I belong to 2 local crochet groups and make a lot of items to give to various groups, I enjoy that a lot and it gets me out of the house three times a month, and one meeting we have dinner before the meeting, so that is nice.

Judi G

6. Likes BarbySue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all. I've missed you all the last 3 weeks. I live in West, TX and the explosion 3 weeks ago took me out of commission completely. We now have running water, things are trying to get back to as normal as possible. Still trying to get the insurance company to do something with our house. My mom who is 83 lost everything. My mother-in-law who is 84 lost her home but we salvaged her furniture and clothes. My mom is living with my sister now, and my mom-in-law is living with me. But... we are blessed. We did not lose anyone, and things can be replaced. The amzing part of all of this is the people. People from every state coming to our little town to help. They asked for nothing, but gave soooooooooooooooo much. We are so grateful for the generosity of all who have and are still making our lives easier. There are good, Jesus loving, people out there that show the world what it is to truly care about others. I thank the Lord everyday for His blessings. I know He is here with us as we try to put back the pieces. Be thankful my friends, because like our Moms, it could all be gone in a blink.

8. Likes BarbySue, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Bless your heart, we will all be praying for you and your family!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear about ypur problems, was that explotion from the fertilizer plant that exploded. I didn't realize there were homes destroyed also. It is nice that people came to help, seems like when there is a cricis people do gather together.
    I am glad things are getting to be a little better now..

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it was the Fertilizer Explosion. There were about 450 families displaced and around 200 homes that will have to be leveled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since October 1st, 2012, my hubby and I started to eat a healthy diet. We gave up soda, artificial sweeteners, white sugar, regular salt, pastas, bread and a bit more. We have some type of meat, fish, chicken etc, twice a week. Lots of veggies, fruits etc. We used to have at least 2 cups of coffee a day and now we rarely have coffee. We are drinking hot tea most mornings. We do splurge once in a while. I have lost 40 pounds and holding but intend to lose at least another 20. Hubby has lost 30 pounds and holding. We both feel healthier and have more energy.

We started religiously doing "The Sacred Heart Diet" and just continued, but adding other items into our eating menu.

We have been together since 1974, married in 1978 and I hope that we can have at least that much more time together.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflyrose View Post
    What changes(additions & subtractions) have you made in the last few years in your life? Appearance? Career? Hobbies? Fashion Choices? Decorating Style? Likes? Dislikes?...and anything else in between!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Carynjoyb!

14. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post