Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  314
Page 17 of 19 First ... 71516171819 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    amanda, my doc won't give me anything for pain she said what i'm taken now should do the work
    I have a few mix drinks and that numbs the pain.....lol

2. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Decemerlee, I would be very careful on mixing drinks with those meds! Can you go to a different doctor to find someone who will work with you to manage your pain?

This illness stinks, I am so sorry to hear all yawls struggles!! You are all in my prayers and I wish there was something I could do to help yawl out!!

Amanda, I live in a one bedroom apartment. I have super nice landlords and landladies, I am so grateful for them!! They are decent folks and do a great job taking care of this property!

XOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXO

4. Likes janie mae, kitty jean liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Every one, Hey Manda hope you and yours are feeling better How's the throats? I hear you Meerkat on the tests of x-ray and mri's not showing the bone damage that would cause the pain. After the x-rays, mri's, and cat scans, my doc sent me to a Rumatologist . Back in 1976 I had a bout of Thrombosynapedia. big name for a bleeder. I did not have but 500 platlets per cc of blood, the propper count is supposed to be 140,000 to 160,000 platlets per cc. I was treated in the cancer center in Fitchburg Massachusetts for 18 months befor they let my doc there take over for maintenence and another 2 years of follow ups of blood work to be sure it was back under control. Even now they do a yearly check to make sure my platlet count is holding up. But, the up side of this is that a visiting doc at my doc's office at that time suspcted fibro and put it into my records. My current Doc took the time to scan back thru my 3" thick file to look over what I had been saying and had me tested for Lupus. For right now I am being told I do not have Lupus BUT the markers are there. So there is the possibality of it acctually being there. TMJ seems to be a common thread as part of the fibro catch. Most are diagnosed with TMJ by their Dentist and never think to mention it to their Doc. Decemberlee have you tried asking your Doc for and ear drop script? My Doc in Massachusetts gave me a scrit for one years ago and it worked wonders. I do not remember the name of it, but it is a perscription item that you put in your ear as needed or at set times per day. There are a couple of OTCs out on the market but I did not find that they worked as well. One of the symptoms of TMJ is grinding of the teeth while sleeping with no apparent outside stress factors. BUT I can tell you this..TMJ hurts like hell when it acts up. Not only can the jaw and ear pain be bad but the pain radiating down the neck into the shoulders and up into the temples can drive you insane. For some folks an alternating ice/cold pack in the jaw and ear area is the only pain releif they have found. But anyway,, GOOD MORNING TO ALL1 I hope that you have an angel by you side always and a wonderfilled day! Later Gaters! Kitty [whew, boy am I wordy this morning!]

6. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is awesome Landon! It is so much easier when you have Landpeople that are nice and helpful! I hope when my husband and I get more financially situated we will be able to buy a house together! I signed my other house which my x destroyed and would have stalked or tormented me if I would have kept it! I had a restraining order on him for years because of fear of my life and my family that's why we moved 40 minutes away from family members! I agree with Landon decembrlee see if you can find a pain management dr or have your dr request for you to see one. I don't know if you have insurance but depending you can search for a better dr for you that will help you with your pain management. I asked my social worker 6 years ago if she knew any good doctor and told me about the 1 I see now and they have done real good still trial or guinee pig tryin u on many different meds till 1 works! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

8. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Landon, I hear and Manda about good Landlords and Landladies! Mine is a sweetheart. I am so very thankful for that every day!

10. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi kitty I am feelin better 2 of my sons are getting better but my 13 year old for some reason can't get rid of it! My hubby has a dr appt tomorrow so I will probably make him an appt because the school keeps sending him home sick and then getting mad at me because he is missing so much school! I think I am going to have to get a pain shot tomorrow because my back will not stop spasming my main dr gave me a standing order to have a pain shot whenever needed I try not to get one unless I can't tolerate it or it has been excruciating for a more than 3 days even with all the meds I take. I think we all have been through all the xrays, mri's blood testsand so much more, FIBRO does not show up on any of those tests ever the pain we have and the places we have the pain does not show up on any of those tests. I don't know how they diagnosed me with it, process of elimination I guess. So many meds that are supposed to help with FIBRO I am allergic to or made me gain weight, I was on morphine and swelled up like the marshmellow dude on GHOSTBUSTERS then I was put on NORCO that caused severe weight gain 15-20 pounds in 1 month then out of know where my spleen ruptured and they wanted to blame my husband now, when he is the most gentle man and caring man I know. Basically all the different meds I was on at that time were the cause because of the reactions I had before. What I am saying I guess if you are having problems with meds or they don't work inform your drs ASAP! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

12. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have had fibromyalgia for more than two decades. I also have nursing background. I can tell from your note that the Neurontin and Flexeril are making you very sleepy. Especially the Flexeril. It has been found that Flexeril does little to alleviate the problem and actually causes more problems in function. Our facility uses Magnesium for muscle spasms with good result and no drowsiness. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I left another post concerning some medications used for fibromyalgia and after having this condition for over two decades I noticed something. I became burned out on the side effects from many of the meds I take. I continue to take an OTC pain reliever as needed. I still exercise my body. But after being someone's guinea pig for so long, I get fed up and stop all meds except as mentioned. Everytime I did this, I felt so much better for more than 18 months. Things would catch up with me and that is when they would restart the meds that worked the best. I think it is a mistake to take everything they throw at you. Be selective and pay attention to the side effects. Sometimes their actions far outweigh the benefit of taking it and you should stop them. I hope this helps. It helped me loads.

15. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Manda, Boy do I hear you on the weight gainers!!! I was up to 210 on a 5'6" frame. I was so upset. I finally got down to 168 and then the meds ballooned me back to 185. But so far I am holding my own at that. But it seems the Docs all feel we should be able to combat the weight gain side effect with changes in diet.. HAHAHAHA. I'd would just love to see them try it especialy when most of the time we are not told about it unless we find it ourselves with a magnifing glass in the fine print! Kitty.

17. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Skipandkatie, low magnesium levels can deffenitely be a cause of muscle spasm, however if it is not supplimented with the correct amounts of folic and calcium as well a ascorbic acid you run the risk of non absorbtion. [ sorry I never could spell ] Also dehighdration is usually a major cause of spasming not due to injury.

19. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post