Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  314
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Who else has Fibromyalgia and or Chronic Fatigue?

Hey, yawl,

Just wondering who else here has one or both and how you manage. I was diagnosed in early 2000 and I still struggle with pacing myself. My fatigue is no where as bad as it was in the beginning. I believe that for me, it is directly connected to my depression which I have been seriously working on since the early 1990's. My Mother was a sadistic psychopath-sociopath-anti-personality disorder person with narcissistic tendencies. Believe me, I had a TON of issues and only very recently I realized that I became the person I was because of the toxic and twisted environment I was raised in. So, pretty much all of that is finally behind me and I am finding that I am getting spurts of energy which I am very thankful and grateful for!

Anyway, I was diagnosed as having Connective Tissue Disorder which seems to be an umbrella phrase for a multitude of health problems which I have.

Anybody else here have those?

2. Likes skipandkatie, cathybearns, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Landon! I was diagnosed 7 years ago, they believe it was caused by my train accident and triggered after my first born, I knelt down to pick up a pair of socks and was on the floor for 3 hours before my 1st ex-husband took me to ER. It was thanksgiving day my baby was 3 months old, that was 21 years ago. I divorced him 1 year later my back went out every 3 years. In 2005 I could barely move to get to bathroom, my husband then said deal with it and left for work, my oldest son at the time 14 came in there and carried me to bed. I wasn't diagnosed till 2 years later I lost my jobs because of my back no one would hire me and SSI refused me until I was diagnosed. Reading up on it says some traumatic event like car accident physical abuse and such can cause or be part of it. That is probably part of my tears all the time also!

4. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have bulging discs in my upper shoulder blades so my shoulder blades will start tingling like they are going to sleep that's when I know I am going to have severe spasms or be in bed for a while. It is not fun at all, I felt like a guinee pig for years tryin so many different meds, I felt so hopeless cuz I couldn't work or hardly do anything except for divorce my 2cd ex-husband for spousal abuse and stalking. It is very frustrating and so irritating! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

6. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear you, Amanda, it is awful when we are trying our best and our bodies don't cooperate. How are you doing after your surgery? Do you think your back pain is any better?

8. Likes amanda, janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also have 3 herniated disc in my neck, went for 8 years before I finally got a Dr. to send me for an MRI that when they fiund the disksbut by they my back muscles were all mixed up, 8 years I took medicine after medicine, chiroprators, a message therapist I was beginning to think I was crazy. After finding the herniated Disk I wint to a surgeon to see about getting them operated, but was told by 3 differrant Dr, said surgery wold hel me.. So finally a different Dr sent me to a Pain Management Center and he gives me nerve blocker shots and has made a world of difference..

10. Likes amanda, janie mae, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so grateful to hear that you finally have relief!! I went to several doctors also, they said nothing was wrong until I went to a Rheumotologist and he diagnosed the fibro. It was nice to get the diagnosis but it sucked at the same time. I never ever thought I would end up disabled. It has taken me years to adjust to that and I still have trouble with it. I want to rip and roar but my body isn't on the same page, LOL

12. Likes amanda, janie mae, MeerKat, Colesmom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that those of us who live with chronic pain and these obnoxious health problems need others to talk to about it! I am feeling better already! Emotionally, I mean!
    Bless you, ladies, I so hope somehow, yawl find the relief you need!

14. Likes amanda, karenlatlas, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, Ladies, here goes. I was diagnosed over 20 years ago. It's hard to believe. My younger daughter was diagnosed with fibro & rheumatoid arthritis before I was. Lumped in with the fibro is: irritable bowel disease, depression, chronic fatigue disease, connective tissue disease, arthritis, (rheumatoid and/or osteoarthritis), constipation, and numerous other diseases. I was referred to the chronic pain clinic at the Cleveland Clinic & spent 2 weeks undergoing counseling. I underwent a hysterectomy in 1999 that left me with pelvic nerve entrapment (like live electrical wires). I was once told be an orthopedic surgeon that I had rheumatoid arhtritis years before I was diagnosed. He said that I had so many ortho surgeries due to that (only in my case). I also have disc problems, but not recently. In 2001, after 2 years of fighting for SSI, I finally went on disability and got retro disability pay (had to get a lawyer, of course). But not for the fibro. For the pelvic nerves. I had to sleep in a recliner for 3 years. Fibro sucks cuz you have to pace yourself. If you overdo it, you suffer for days afterward. But it is invisible. People think you are crazy. Both my daughters have fibro & rheumatoid arthritis. I found out that the only place I feel really good is in water. If I exercise, I feel better. And my rheumatologist has finally hit on the right meds for me. Judy
    Last edited by justplainjudy; 02-10-2013 at 08:48 AM.

16. Likes amanda, karenlatlas, janie mae, Landon, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have rheumo and osteo arthritis too, DDD, DJD, the list goes on......autoimmune hepatitis, and on and on and on.......I hear you, if I am not careful I am off track for an entire week! Going to bed early and getting up early seems to work for me. I would like to somehow be able to do something in the evening without it bowling me over for an entire week afterwards. I am noticing some occasional spurts of energy the better I am doing in psychotherapy. Which meds does your rheumo have you on? I used to be on Celebrex and Cymbalta but a local doctor caused me liver problems by not getting my blood tested for over a year and now I can only take meds that are metabolized in the kidneys. So, no more Celebrex or Cymbalta for me ever. I am on Elavil and it seems to be helping mood wise but I still have a lot of pain.

18. Likes amanda, SweetARoma, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on Cymbalta (2 x day). But my doc does labs all the time. I'm on Neurontin. But it makes me sleepy so I take it at bedtime. Topiramate, 2 x day. Flexeril, at nite. I have to do Humira injections twice a month. Took me off Methotrexate. And I take Alleve. Sorry you can't take Cymbalta or Celebrex. They won't let me take Celebrex because of heart history. You probably can't take Lyrica either? Judy

20. Likes amanda, janie mae, Landon liked this post