Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    I love how proud we are of our kids, grandkids and greats! It amazes me how much love grows as your family grows. I didn't think I could love anybody as much as my kids and then I had granddaughters and my love expanded and then I had greats and my heart expanded again. Wonder if I am alive when great, great grand kids arivve will it just expand again? My Mama has seen her great greats and because of her dementia isn't really interested in them. I hope I die before dementia or alzheimer (sp). I want to know and love my kids and all til the end!
    Me too Faye, I can't imagine how I would feel if my mother didn't know me when she looked at me. Not so sad for the one who can't remember, only because they don't know they can't remember, but sooo sad for the one who isn't remembered. I too hope I'm in my right mind until the day I die! Mom was 89 and her mind was clear as a bell and so was Grandma's at 100+. Altho she was blind and could not hear very well, she could remember you just by your voice! She was my mom's mom. Hope I have their long lineage working for me!
    Last edited by redhead; 02-05-2013 at 02:52 PM.

2. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Oh, Patty!! How precious! I am so happy for you and your little man! That sounds like serious FOCUS!! I am thrilled for you and please, share his adventures with us too! Can't wait to hear all about it!

XOXOXOXOX
    Landon
    btw Landon, what does "Remove your Thanks" mean after a post?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Oh, Patty!! How precious! I am so happy for you and your little man! That sounds like serious FOCUS!! I am thrilled for you and please, share his adventures with us too! Can't wait to hear all about it!

XOXOXOXOX
    Landon
    Well I guess he had a good time at the overnight deal. His other Grandma sent him some pocket money to spend on his trip and he bought his supper and a T-shirt. When he went to put it on (after he came home) it was too little so he gave it to his little brother. He evidently didn't try it on before he bought it. I really doubt if he has ever bought anything like that without his mom helping him pick the right size. But then who tries on T-shirts anyway? But he was with some of his buddies so I know he did have fun. I haven't heard whether anyone took pictures or not. XOXOXO

Post Thanks / Like
    Your post made me smile! A huge contragulations to your grandson (and his brother and you too grandma!)! We all want our kids to always do their best, to live out their potential whatever that may be. That's what I continuously drilled into my 2 boys' brains when they were growing up, and now they're both away from home attending college. It definitely sounds like your grandsons have a tremendous amount of self-confidence which will help them to have happy, fulfilled and successful lives. I think it's wonderful that others see the goodness in them!!

As the oldest child, I also didn't get to go to college and get a degree, even though my sister is a medical doctor and my brother got his MBA. Things were very different for me when I graduated from high school. I've learned over the years that each of us have our own "special talents."

Congratulations again to your sweet grandson!!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Your post made me smile! A huge contragulations to your grandson (and his brother and you too grandma!)! We all want our kids to always do their best, to live out their potential whatever that may be. That's what I continuously drilled into my 2 boys' brains when they were growing up, and now they're both away from home attending college. It definitely sounds like your grandsons have a tremendous amount of self-confidence which will help them to have happy, fulfilled and successful lives. I think it's wonderful that others see the goodness in them!!

As the oldest child, I also didn't get to go to college and get a degree, even though my sister is a medical doctor and my brother got his MBA. Things were very different for me when I graduated from high school. I've learned over the years that each of us have our own "special talents."

Congratulations again to your sweet grandson!!

Shelley
    Thank you so much Shelley. You are so kind. Yes I am proud of my grand-kids. They mean the world to me and I am so glad they are doing so good in school. At one time Marcus had a bully who was picking on him. He didn't tell anyone but almost immediately his parents picked up on it and knew something was wrong with him and he wouldn't talk about it for a while. Finally it came to a head and my son took it up with the teacher and got it taken care of. I feel so bad for those who are bullied and don't know what to do about it. The bullies sometimes are ones who have a bad time at home I believe or are being bullied themselves. It seem to be a big problem in our schools. Marcus is doing ok now and is back to his usual cheerful good-natured self. XOXOXO
    F

Post Thanks / Like
    (((Marcus))) has wonderful parents who immediately "picked up on" the fact that he was being bullied. That's so awesome, I can only hope that I've done the same for my 2 boys when they were growing up... I've been a single mom for over 18 years, my boys are now 19 and 22. I've always felt that they came to me with any questions or issues they were having (I shudder when I think about some of the things they've actually said to me, I always tried to keep a straight face LOL). When they were little they would say, "We're all a TEAM right mom?" In hindsight, I now know they were just needing reassurance that their mom was always in their corner, no matter what... I hope they know I always ways...

It seems today that our little ones are growing up in such a different world than what we had to grow up in. I'm sure every generation says that ha. BTW, my sweet granny was a great great grandma, I have a 5-generation photo that was taken back in the 1980's. And I can tell you that YES, she absolutely unconditionally LOVED all of her children, her grandchildren, great grand children, and great great grand kids, all the same. Wow, my granny eloped, ran away to get married when she was only 13 (she literally hopped on a train with her "intended" who was a real-life cowboy on their ranch, her daddy wouldn't let her get married because she was too young, she did it anyway).

I cannot wait until I'm a grandmother myself, I've always told my boys "I better get a grand-daughter outta this deal!" LOL But I don't want to be a grandmother until my boys are "ready" to be daddies... I want them to know it's so important that they get their college education first.

Your little grandson has already learned many important life lessons... Bless him and his wonderful parents! (and you too grandma!)