Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  26
Page 5 of 16 First ... 3456715 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan I am so sorry I forgot that you have to take care of your husband, you are a very special and strong person to deal with as much as you have to. You are his angel! Lots of prayers and hugs for you and your family!

Post Thanks / Like
    You all know I love to top everybody else! My kitty girl Ammie, gone now for 2 1/2 years, got sick before that a couple of years. We had rushed home 2 hours away when my mother-in-law passed away in a hospice to get clothes, etc. Our son had been looking in on our 4 cats food, etc. I was sitting on our couch when Ammie, petite pastel calico crawled into my arms at 10:30 pm and clung to me. At that time it was unusual behaivior. She liked to sit on my lap, but wasn't keen on being held. I told my husband, she's sick and we called the Iowa State University Vet School emergency clinic and rushed her in. They kept her overnight, something seriously wrong, not sure what. I spent the half the day of the funeral on the phone giving permission for this and that. Come to find out-she had somehow eaten a tylenol and poisoned herself. They had to have the local people hospital do a test to see what the level was in her blood and it was astronomical. Her lips and tongue went from pink to brown and her blood went brown and sluggish. We were amazingly lucky that her vet had been working on a protocol to treat this very thing. Ammie ended up absolutely fine, we knicknamed her our 1k kitty. Bill was over $1000!

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad Pitiful is better. To finish out my story...I was having lunch with friends where I worked then, later and a new person listened to them teasing me about Ammie. She said she would never spend that kind of money on an animal. One of my friends asked her if she had pets and she said no. My friend said, good, I wouldn't want to be an animal owned by you! I feel as long as there is hope of recovery, I have the responsibility to care for my animals. I've had to put 3 asleep that didn't. Broke my heart, but what our pets give us is priceless. Mikey just jumped up on the desk and wants a cuddle. See you later, Caro

Post Thanks / Like
    Caro! I think you are completely right

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you Carolyn! If you want an animal you treat them like they are your family! All of our animals dogs, birds, parrot, iguana and our tortoise all have there own personalities but they are our kids as much as our own kids. They all come or answer to their names!

6. Likes Carolyn1953 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to know you're both up, Manda and Larisa. I woke up for some reason, think it's time to hit the sack again! Have a good day/night! Caro

Post Thanks / Like
    I am awake because of time diffenerce

Post Thanks / Like
    difference... I am waiting for biathlon competitions and crocheting tablecloth

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree it is 224 here and I should try and get back to sleep again!

Post Thanks / Like
    What time is it there larissa