Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Pet Pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    I love your birds

2. Likes AmberMuffinz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    They are all beautiful! What are pinnies? Do they all talk? How many cages do you have? Do they all get along? They are all so beautiful!! I LOVE their colours, they are magnificent!
    Aw, thanks. Pinnies (or pin feathers) are feathers that are growing in. They are covered in a keratin sheath that can be scratched off with your fingers once the blood supplying the new feather recedes. Since Samirah is not hand tame she won't let me help her get her new feathers out of the sheaths so she usually looks a bit pokier during moulting season. I'll give her a bath to help with them sometimes.

Neelix my green cheek talks but my 'tiels don't. Samirah makes a really neat old phone ringing noise when I'm not in the room sometimes though, but doesn't make much sound other than that. Neelix's voice is a bit raspy. I don't let Neelix interact with the 'tiels because they don't like him and I'm not sure if he wants to hang out and be nice or hang out and be a bully. Their energy levels and playful levels are different anyway so it's not a good match lol. Sam and Zen get along mostly though. They share a large flight cage and while they don't preen (or groom) each other or sit too close they will both sit a little away from each other and forage on the bottom of the cage at the same time. I think they enjoy the others company, even if it's not a necessarily close relationship.

They are also all flighted but Neelix is pretty much the only one that enjoys flying for flying. The fridge top is pretty much his haha.

4. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How fascinating they must be to watch them interact and behave! Thank you for sharing them with us!!!