Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  152
Page 5 of 11 First ... 34567 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Anne, I like your answer! Why can't I come up with that kind of answer on the spot? Here I can think and give an answer and I do so much better. Maybe my life needs to be a minute behind for me to come up with a good answer.

2. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry for anyone to lose a loved one, a good friend or a furbaby. It always leaves a hole in your life. How many times has one said, "Oh, I have to call so-and-so to tell them about such and such" and remember that they are not here anymore. We have all done this too many times. We will all meet in heaven once again with no aches or pains or sorrow, just beauty surrounding us and lots of love.
    Today is a damp, snowy day and I plan to watch some movies on DVDs and crochet or knit. I have so many projects that i need to get finished and out of here. Everyone have a blessed day and enjoy it to the fullest!

4. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Today and always I am grateful to be an American.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I am grateful for:

*my hot cup of amaretto coffee
    *motivation
    *organizing skills
    *chats with my wonderful daughters
    *gooooooood food!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

7. Likes jennlee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    warm rain
    sunshine
    comfortable lift chair
    God is in Heaven & all is right with the world
    2 wonderful daughters
    new yarn stash!!

9. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its a damp, gray day here today, my knees are protesting any movement whatsoever. I', seriously considering callin my friend and telling her I wont be out today. I was there yesterday, so I really dont have to go today. I'm just going to stay home and when I finish animal care and get some housework done, I'm going to just sit, relax and do some crocheting. I have 4 sets of hats and booties done, and 2 other hats done that need booties and I want to work on my Jan.CAL too. Ive got it about a third done so far. And I want to get going on the schnauzer, elephant and turtle purses, want to get about 20 gratitude stones done for Thursday if possible, so I'll keep myself busy easily enough. Also have to get ready for a litter of puppies due next week.(I have a foster here that is pregnant. She looks peke or peke mix and the dad as far as I know, was a traveling salesman...then again maybe it was the mailman.) Anyway from the looks of her she is due within a week.

So, today I am grateful for family and friends, a hot cup of tea, ibuprofen, modern technology(computers enabled me to meet all of you!), freedom to worship as I wish.

11. Likes mamamiaow liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I admire you for working on so many different things. I've said it before but I have to finish one thing before I start on another. I can see where the variety might be fun but I just can't do it. Good crocheting and have a little cocoa with me today!!

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might get more done if I concentrated on just one thing at a time, but I need small items to take with me when I'm out and about. I've been known to crochet while waiting in line at the grocery store, while waiting for a ride, during Sunday School and Bible study, etc. Cant you just see me pulling out the Jan.CAL while waiting to check out? I always have crochet with me when visiting friends and have even crocheted while watching a movie at the theater (just have to make sure its something I can do by feel rather than by sight). I have to keep my hands busy or I cant relax. Does that make sense? I can concentrate better if my hands are busy. Anyway, it works for me. And doing small projects while also working on a large one, I get a sense of accomplishment and the joy of finishing a project and then dont get frustrated or discouraged when the large project takes longer than expected. So, I always have lots of projects in the works.

14. Likes jennlee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    On December 21st, 2005, I underwent an operation that is called Anterior Cervical Corpectomy. What that means is that spinal stenosis which is a disorder causes the vertabrae in my spine to grow distorted which makes it squeeze and pinch the spinal cord. My spinal cord at C-4 vertabrae was almost pinched off; I could not maintain my balance with only one foot on the ground and I had no reflexes in either leg. I saw 3 neurologists, the first 2 missed it. The third one got me in to see Dr. K. Daniel Riew at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, who did the delicate surgery and saved me from becoming a complete quadriplegic. If I had been in an accident or fallen, that would have been it for me, I would have become a quadriplegic for the rest of my life. That would have been the point of no return for me.
    Instead of that happening, Dr. Riew successfully operated on me that cold and snowy December morning and I can walk.
    Believe me when I say that I am forever grateful for this.

16. Likes jennlee, mamamiaow, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    God bless you Landon happy for your return to health keep smiling God id on your side JENNY

18. Likes Landon liked this post