Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  51
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    That is funny I told my husband we have to clean out closets and organize some things actually a lot of stuff. We are about half done. All my crocheting stuff, yarn patterns and stuff got all messed up lookin for Christmas yarns and patterns. That is my goal for today later after I get the pics posted and some other things. How is the weather there? It rained Saturday night and most of Sunday, Monday it was cold but nice Tuesday was sunny I hope today is a nice day.

2. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Naunnie View Post
    Patterns!!! What throw them out! I can't imagine!! LOL Okay I will go ahead an admit it... I am a pattern collector! It is my favorite hobby! I collect them and put them in binders. I like to look at it as my legacy to leave to my Granddaughter. I would be happy to take them off your hands. How can we do this? I'll pay for shipping!!!!
    Naunnie, the patterns I am talking about are sewing patterns and they are pretty old. If you still want them I will take a look at them and see what is there. I know almost all of them will be in the original envelope (not sure of the envelope conditions) . I know some are women's pant suits, some may be baby cloths patterns, But I will take a look asap!

4. Likes Naunnie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djp375 View Post
    My goal for the year is a little different. Yes I have a lot of yarn but it is all organized. I have knit hats for little girls that have chemo and I want to get back at doing that. The hardest thing for me is to improve my skills. I want to make something like a nice shawl, cowl, etc to be proud of and to be able to give to someone. I would also like to know how all of you get so much crocheting done. Do you not read, watch TV, play games, clean, do laundry, have a facebook account?.. I think I waste too much tme doing those things. I also never can start anything without having to rip it out at
    least once because I did not read directions correctly or I do not think it looks as nice as it should.
    I have no closets to clean out as I just recently moved to our cottage on the lake. I purged and got rid of so much stuff. We moved from a much larger home and I swear my husband saves everything just in case.
    Dear djp, I try to pick up everyday, hit the high places HA HA and clear the kitchen counters as soon after use as possible and load the automatic dish washer ( thank the Lord) and my computer is in the same room with my washer and dryer (very handy!) That room used to be my 3 son's bedroom with a bunk bed and trundle bed in it back then. I usually watch a DVD movie (from my collection which is very large) while I crochet. I don't play games very often and when I do it's spider solitaire on the computer. By the way I live alone so I am by myself most days. I do have a Facebook account which I haven't visited more than 5 or 6 times since I joined Crochet Talk. I spend way too much time on the computer! I am addicted to Crochet
    Talk. I have found my self sitting here sometimes when I first get up before dressing and still here 3 or 4 hours later! That's what I call addiction!! I don't have time for Facebook anymore. I love to read, but, I don't have time for it anymore. I take my crocheting to my friends house when I go to visit with her and usually don't get much done on it when I do. Well I gotta get up and eat something now lolXOXOXO!

Post Thanks / Like
    THROW PATTERNS OUT..!!!! no no no..say it isn't so lol..SCAN THEM..then you can pass them along..donate them..BUT first put them on a dvd..(not cd) dvd's have more room..IT certainly would save a ton of space..lol. You can also scan them in and use a external flash drive to put them on too..if you don't want to put them on dvd.

oh and redhead...I am sitting here in my pj's (tiger striped ones at that) waiting on my coffee to finish cooking..I am not going anywhere soon..lmao..I am soooooooo addicted!!

Oh and you can check salvation army in your area or good wills..they may even pick up patterns for you..and there is freecycle.org. They are a online group for each area that pass around stuff for free..but ppl have to pick up ..so that is always not a good thing..as you will have strangers coming to your home..fyi. I am saying this because I have always been on a very tight budget..and I love to find cheap or even get free patterns..crochet stuff oh heck any stuff, as I can't always afford to go out and buy things not new anyway.
    Last edited by me2la; 01-09-2013 at 09:11 AM.

7. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Naunnie View Post
    Patterns!!! What throw them out! I can't imagine!! LOL Okay I will go ahead an admit it... I am a pattern collector! It is my favorite hobby! I collect them and put them in binders. I like to look at it as my legacy to leave to my Granddaughter. I would be happy to take them off your hands. How can we do this? I'll pay for shipping!!!!
    Dear Naunnie, I just came up from the basement (dusty!) I looked in every box and bag and guess what! I must have sold those patterns last fall in the big yard sale......I'm so sorry. I still have some boxes out in the garage that was not sold in the sale. If it gets warmer soon I will go out there an rummage around in them and see if there is a box with "not sold items" that may still have some patterns out there. My garage is not heated so it is too cold for me to go out there right now. I wore myself out looking! I did find some goodies tho. There was a suitcase full of puppets that I made for the puppet show I did years ago...a box of black lights and irredescent colored material that I used in that puppet show also. In that puppet show we flipped 2 switches at the same time and the house lights went out and the lack lights lit up the puppet stage! I did this for our church's little kids. I only wish someone had filmed it. That was the best day of my life when I did it. I even cried when it ended with a children's tape playing something about both of us "seeing the moon at the same time and drawing us closer together." It was sung by little children' voices. The parents loved it too. If I could only do that again. The name of that show was "Bullfrogs and Butterflies" Maybe you've heard of the record. I did tape the whole show and that was the voice of the puppets in my show. I guess I have never grown up yet...I love bright colors and little kids records, their cds and their cassette tapes and most of all their sing little voices! Also I found several panty hose doll heads i had made! and one complete panty hose doll!
    Last edited by redhead; 01-09-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    BUTTERFLYROSE! I love your bright pink HELLO picture! I really like everyones unique signs or pics. We could't figure out how to post one here only on my profile.

10. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Maryd, you just reminded me I have a box of patterns in my basement that I need to get rid of too.

We all have boxes like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda View Post
    BUTTERFLYROSE! I love your bright pink HELLO picture! I really like everyones unique signs or pics. We could't figure out how to post one here only on my profile.
    Hi Amanda,

Thanks so much! I love meeting people and roses, especially pink ones! When I saw this picture, I knew it was the perfect one for me. To post a picture, go to Settings, then My Settings, click on Edit Avatar and follow the directions to post a picture.
    I'll be looking for your picture!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

13. Likes amanda, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    ButterflyRose took the words right out of my mouth, LOLOL Yes, Amanda, you can do it!!

15. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda View Post
    That is funny I told my husband we have to clean out closets and organize some things actually a lot of stuff. We are about half done. All my crocheting stuff, yarn patterns and stuff got all messed up lookin for Christmas yarns and patterns. That is my goal for today later after I get the pics posted and some other things. How is the weather there? It rained Saturday night and most of Sunday, Monday it was cold but nice Tuesday was sunny I hope today is a nice day.
    Amanda,

Congrats to you on the progress you're making on your closet organization! Hurrrrrrrrray! I know you'll enjoy the look! I'm doing the same thing. I bought some more storage containers Wednesday. I used one for my scarves. One box is for my belts. I have containers waiting for a particular use. I've reached the fun part of organization now. Oh, charity picked up many items from the closet to the kitchen today! I'm also begun work in a linen closet. Sheet sets were added to the charity pile. It's a win-win situation!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

17. Likes amanda liked this post